Advice!?

TreeBones

Ok so a little over a month ago I left another school because...:eek:mg:..a boy gave me a ride home. I know, I know, its the dumbest reason in the whole wide world, but as soon as someone wants to start talking to me and I can't avoid them anymore I just panic and run. I took my dads car and headed down state to my moms, the car ran out of gas half way and my mom came and got me, She preceded to baby me which she shouldn't have. My dad didn't even want to yell at me, his silence just means he's all the more disappointed, which he should be because I promised him that things will be different this time and that he'd be proud (my exact words)...(and I still haven't apologized for the car) . My parents and the schools have done so much for me and I'm grateful but I don't know how to fix myself. I just keep thinking of what a disappointment I am.

For the past month my mom has been at a sort of alcoholics boot camp in Ohio somewhere while I've been doing nothing and virtually anything to keep my mind off of everything. I'm still only 17 so when she gets back, which will be soon, I have to enroll in school but I'm afraid I'll screw that up too. I'm 3 years behind in high school :kickingmyself: I'm still average though so I was thinking I'll just test out and get a GED but I don't know.

I keep trying to figure out in my head what I'm going to do and what kind of attitude I should have but I'm at a complete loss.

Sounds like you've been through a lot already. I hope all goes well with your mom and her thing there. I wasn't ever in that exact situation so I really don't know what advice to give you. I'm sorry. Maybe your best bet would be to go ahead and get your GED since you're behind. Could you do like some sort of fast paced home school or something?

TreeBones

That's ok I'm just real glad to hear someone giving input :) and thank you I hope so too.
I have no idea whats going to happen but I'm sure my mom and I will have a long talk when she gets back. Home schooling will probably not be an option because I procrastinate a lot and will take really long to graduate. I think I will most likely end up getting a GED and going into auto collision repair or cosmetology, I just wanted my life to have more meaning than that though that's all.

That's ok I'm just real glad to hear someone giving input :) and thank you I hope so too.
I have no idea whats going to happen but I'm sure my mom and I will have a long talk when she gets back. Home schooling will probably not be an option because I procrastinate a lot and will take really long to graduate. I think I will most likely end up getting a GED and going into auto collision repair or cosmetology, I just wanted my life to have more meaning than that though that's all.

Working on cars or cosmetology? Theres two very different choices. Kinda cool to see a girl that has an interest in working on cars :) Yeah it sounds like your best bet would be a GED but don't just go on what I'm saying. Talk to your parents and other people that would like to see you succeed :thumbup:

TreeBones

My dad took me to a lot of car shows growing up, transformers definitely had an influence on me as well lol.
Thank you so much!