Advice Wanted!

minnow

I just went to my first therapist today and he is really nice, but wants me to consider medication. He is going to talk to the psychatrist before our next appointment to see what would help me. I have had bad experiences with drugs such as seroquel and celexa and do not really want to take any thing.
He also thinks I have panic attacks and I don't think I do. I am of course really nervous when I go out in public. My symptoms of that are sweatiness and shakiness and my heart racing and shallow breathing. But I do not hyperventilate nor have anything that is similar to a heart attack like i've heard about. Should I take medicine? Is that a panic attack? Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

mrb

hmmm well if you can get away with not taking it then do that , but if you feel you need some meds then try them , it might work it might not trial and error i soppose ..... but yes consult a doctor for a second opinion as serafina said ...... thats what id do .....

I don't take anything , well I don't need it now , but way back when I refused as well because if there is a side affect to be had...I had it !!

Dont let the worry of all this ruin your chance at therapy.

It's your choice , none of us can tell you either way.

But you cannot be bullied into it and I guess you must stickup for yourself and and say no ..the end !

what you had sounds like a little anxiety , it doesnt always have to be heart attack material.

Please don't go and now convince yourself your having panick attacks .

Get your positives back from starting your therapy :D

minnow

Thanks all for the advice, I was diagnosed with sad but I didn't belive I have panic attacks now after reading your reply's I believe that the symptoms he thought were panic attacks are just the symptoms of my sa. I would get a second opinion on the medication but my insurance pays and there is only one center in my small town krcc. However I am going to see the psychatrist who prescribes the meds and talk it over with him...:D