Advice about friends?

SadAngelOfLove

Hello. I need advice about my friends. Both of them are girls btw. Friend A has a crush on friend B and I was hanging out with friend B so that's how I know. Friend A has no idea that I know. And I don't know if she wants to tell me. But what should I do? Should I tell her I know or wait for her to tell me?
(Also I'm worried about her because if they are together then idk what will happen because her dad is a pastor and he grounds her a lot so idk. I care about my friends so I hope whatever they decide that they're ok. I'm just surprised a bit since Friend A is a huge Christian.) :thinking: idk.

DepravedFurball

How do you feel about Friend A, who's a woman, liking Friend B, another woman? And how does Friend B feel about Friend A?

SadAngelOfLove

I'm Christian myself but I do not hate people for it. I just think it's strange that my friends all of a sudden like each other and idk what to do. Friend B has always had a crush on her because she's bi.

DepravedFurball

Well if they both like each other, then there's no real reason to let it draw out.

I'd suggest casually mentioning to Friend A that Friend B likes her, and then tell her that, if she's committed to making things work, then you'll do all that you can to ensure that things are kept discreet.

I'm guessing that the three of you hang out often enough, so it wouldn't be too hard to gather, then quietly slip away for a while so that they can enjoy each others' company.

But, yah, it'll be made more difficult with the fact that Friend A's father is a pastor, and most likely does all that he can to display himself as a 'Proper' individual. Should news of his daughter dating another woman leak out, he'll either go ballistic, or embrace his daughter's choice under the whole "Christian Love and Forgiveness"-thing. Considering the history of 'groundings', however... I'm guessing that he'd go with the former choice, rather than the latter...

It could just be a phase for Friend A, though, and the knowledge that your other friend is bi-sexual might make her comfortable enough to try something different. Even if they got together, they might soon split up anyways.

But the most important thing is support. Clearly, if she likes Friend B, then she's grappled with the thought of 'sin' and such... since she's probably heard it for years already. It's always hardest for the people trapped in strict religious households, since the anxieties of getting caught are ever-present as well.

At any rate, it'll get awkward for yourself, too, since you'll perpetually be the necessary third-wheel. As long as you're around with them, then people probably won't be so quick to understand that your friends are dating one another.

Still, if they decide to give it a go, I wish them all the best in finding a love deep enough that it would put all others to shame. ^^

SadAngelOfLove

I ended up telling her I knew about it and she said it was fine because were friends. I just hope everything works out for them. Thank you for the advice!