Acceptable level of contact...?

endoflife

I live in Illinois. I met this girl in Michigan on a family vacation. She was also on vacation, and lives in Maryland. Basically we really like eachother, although I doubt a serious relationship will ever be possible due to the distance barrier. We have eachother's facebook, cell phone and AIM.

I have never been in any kind of relationship and have not been in contact with friends outside of school for many years now. So I have no experience with this pretty much. There is a possibility of seeing her again this spring break, and if not then, it is almost assured for next summer break.

What I would like to know, what is an acceptable level of contact to maintain and not look like a stalker or a creep that is online at the computer 24/7?

weak

Spring and Summer are both pretty far away. If you chat with her constantly you might end up getting sick of eachother before even hanging out again.

Take the 'less is more' approach. Only talk once a week, along with a text message here and there. Avoid routines at all cost, I.E. calling her to say goodnight every night etc.

A month before she's due to come see you, increase conversation a bit so that she's really excited to see you.

Long distance relationships aren't all that bad. My girlfriend lives 3000 miles away. I see her only once a month. I prefer it that way. Keeps things interesting.

Walk

weak said:
Spring and Summer are both pretty far away. If you chat with her constantly you might end up getting sick of eachother before even hanging out again.

Take the 'less is more' approach. Only talk once a week, along with a text message here and there. Avoid routines at all cost, I.E. calling her to say goodnight every night etc.

A month before she's due to come see you, increase conversation a bit so that she's really excited to see you.

Long distance relationships aren't all that bad. My girlfriend lives 3000 miles away. I see her only once a month. I prefer it that way. Keeps things interesting.

Wow. Never heard of someone actually preferring a long distance r/ship.

Me, I've never had a gf, but I definitely dream of holding my babe in my arms more than once a month.

endoflife

Walk said:
weak said:

Wow. Never heard of someone actually preferring a long distance r/ship.

Me, I've never had a gf, but I definitely dream of holding my babe in my arms more than once a month.

I do not prefer this kind of relationship, but I take what I can get. and I wouldn't really call her a "gf", more of a friend that is a girl that likes me (hopefully. i second guess everything) and i like her. she's in an open relationship with another guy and sees another guy as well, i'm pretty sure. like i said, I take what I can get. although i am sad she is so far away, as she is really nice.