About Suicide

ImNotMyIllness

I'm an extremely empathetic person. It truly hurts me to know that others are going through pain. I once met a girl online who said that she wanted to kill herself, I spoke to her endlessly for weeks, emailing her to seek help and counseling her on her issues. (ironically, I have a talent of giving very insightful advice-go figure)......

What's bizarre is that when I hear of a stranger on the news committing suicide, I admire them and think that they're brave.......How screwed up is that?!!

:sad:

laure15

We all have contradictory thoughts and feelings. I tell people not to commit suicide but a part of me thinks it's probably better to be dead than alive. It's like I'm 90% against suicide but 10% for it! Some people believe in the right to die, like in the Netherlands people who are suffering from severe pain for a long time have the option of assisted suicide, with the help of a physician.

ImNotMyIllness

When I read about someone wanted to commit suicide, I get upset....I want to help them! For some reason other peoples pain transfers to me very easily. My ex girlfriend made that observation before.
I talked a few people out of committing suicide, yet I think my life is pointless. Sigh......

tizzy

You are a survivor, and you want others to be. I find empathy is quality that is moderately rare these days. Good for you!
Maybe some part of you wants to connect with the person who is "brave" because then you wouldn't need to deal with reality anymore. It makes sense to me, that you envy someone whom you perceive as brave.
I would never commit suicide but I find myself thinking of ways to do it. It's a reaction to the hopelessness I feel at times. But as I said, it will never ever happen.