AAAHHHH!!! Nostalgia is holding me back!!!

CHAKRAPOINT

I often have dreams involving my old classmates. It was such fun back then, I was a genuine kid. Sure, that was the time when I started being confused and insecure, but it didn't stop me from being a relatively happy kid. :) Best years of my life (8-14)

i know my dreams are mostly about those days and also about high school where i am able to act the i actually intended and wanted to act in high school and when i wake up i feel happy because i corrected my high school days

EscapeArtist

Yes! Exactly! God... The times I can't let go of are 3rd and 4th grade. I consider those classrooms my true home STILL... but that's somewhere down in Oregon now. Why can't life be like elementary school?! Sigh..... so much nostalgia and hatred knowing I can't have those days back...

CHAKRAPOINT

Yes! Exactly! God... The times I can't let go of are 3rd and 4th grade. I consider those classrooms my true home STILL... but that's somewhere down in Oregon now. Why can't life be like elementary school?! Sigh..... so much nostalgia and hatred knowing I can't have those days back...

those were the times where our imagination ran wild,when we still believed in santa clause and the magic of christmas,when halloween wasnt about how skimpy girls could dress but about candy,when there was no pressure to conform to society,when moving to the next grade felt like a whole new exploration in itself

EscapeArtist

those were the times where our imagination ran wild,when we still believed in santa clause and the magic of christmas,when halloween wasnt about how skimpy girls could dress but about candy,when there was no pressure to conform to society,when moving to the next grade felt like a whole new exploration in itself

mmhm.. when we could escape into anything and everything with our imaginations with or without other people, when people did not have any awareness of what was wierd and what was not, when society wasn't influencing our opinions, when everybody was accepted by everybody and our brains weren't developed enough to analyze our every movement or perceive others reactions... when teachers would take the roll of temporary parents that gave tons of attention and support, a place where I wasn't afraid to lead because I was nominated to lead... Everything was so new and so vibrant and beautiful and captivating. Every little thing was so captivating. Where silence was embraced by the entire class during story time, sitting on the cozy carpet all equally absorbing our imagination in books, where people weren't afraid to walk up to you and say "hi!" or smile at you for no reason... where making friends was easy because we were all equally amazed by life. Children live as if they know that life is too short

Last edited:

CHAKRAPOINT

mmhm.. when we could escape into anything and everything with our imaginations with or without other people, when people did not have any awareness of what was wierd and what was not, when society wasn't influencing our opinions, when everybody was accepted by everybody and our brains weren't developed enough to analyze our every movement or perceive others reactions... when teachers would take the roll of temporary parents that gave tons of attention and support, a place where I wasn't afraid to lead because I was nominated to lead... Everything was so new and so vibrant and beautiful and captivating. Every little thing was so captivating. Where silence was embraced by the entire class during story time, sitting on the cozy carpet all equally absorbing our imagination in books, where people weren't afraid to walk up to you and say "hi!" or smile at you for no reason... where making friends was easy because we were all equally amazed by life. Children live as if they know that life is too short

life was looked at with magical eyes and its as if when we get older those eyes are drained of all the magic put in them.the world seemed almost like a dream then with a surreal feeling to it but getting older it gets more solid and real. and dryer.