aaaahhhhh!!!!

dan_e

I'm so frustrated! Whenever people want to hang out with me I seem to freak any more. I want so badly to go. They ask and I completely forget what to say and I become small. I feel overjoyed yet I want to crawl under a rock at the same time. I guess its just been such a long time and I've never had these opportunities before. I wish they understood what was going on and what I need.

Edith

dan_e said:
I'm so frustrated! Whenever people want to hang out with me I seem to freak any more. I want so badly to go. They ask and I completely forget what to say and I become small. I feel overjoyed yet I want to crawl under a rock at the same time. I guess its just been such a long time and I've never had these opportunities before. I wish they understood what was going on and what I need.

God! I know that feeling. It's like a minor heart attack. Or maybe the two contradtictory feelings of overwhelming joy and sheer terror colliding inside your chest and making your body rigid then shakey, and your mind a disaster with words vomiting out of your mouth and no idea why.

Then you feel like a werido afterwards for not being able to respond to a simple request for freindship with any kind of normalcy.

At least it never looks weird to other people... and if it does, they probably don't care or they understand that your a little "weird" yourself - I've found that people are surprisingly accepting of other peoples social misgivings.

In the future (until you can hash out a better plan) just smile and go "yeah, sure!" that comment seems to work for a surprisingly various number of requests.

Have some fun!!

dan_e

I sometimes lose the ability to speak during these 'episodes'. I'm going to practice beforehand and next time try to respond asap before my body has the chance to panic.
the two contradtictory feelings of overwhelming joy and sheer terror colliding inside your chest
Wow, its a wicked combination isn't it? Its like a tidal wave. There is no remedy for when it hits.
PS I like your little avatar pic, what is it?

Edith

dan_e said:
I sometimes lose the ability to speak during these 'episodes'. I'm going to practice beforehand and next time try to respond asap before my body has the chance to panic.
the two contradtictory feelings of overwhelming joy and sheer terror colliding inside your chest
Wow, its a wicked combination isn't it? Its like a tidal wave. There is no remedy for when it hits.

It's a bitch!

dan_e said:
PS I like your little avatar pic, what is it?

Gustav Klimt's "Waternymphs (Silverfish)" - One of my favourite paintings.