A victory on the war on bullying

Nack

Banned
It makes me regret not going ape on their asses years ago, because if i had realize the minimal amount of consequences that minors receives for getting into brawls, I would have kungfuing their asses... >:c

Noca

Banned
That's really cool! Still, something tells me that it's going to go overboard like things have with political correctness.

How does one deal with possible indirect aggression among students? The purpose of indirect aggression is basically to do harm while seeming harmless. Making snide comments can come across as harmless. How do you prove that someone meant harm by something they said? Also, gossip is a form of bullying and it can be very damaging. How does one prove that a person has been gossiping and spreading rumors about another?

I dont know the answers to your questions but this law certainly cant hurt.

lyricalliaisons

That's definitely a huge step in the right direction. I wish we had laws like that here & I wish we had had them when I was a kid.

Bemzy

I still think that a lot of bullied people are going to have trouble reporting the bullies since they might be scared of the possible retaliation from the bullies, outside of school.

What do you guys think?

Bullied Anonymous

How does one deal with possible indirect aggression among students? The purpose of indirect aggression is basically to do harm while seeming harmless. Making snide comments can come across as harmless. How do you prove that someone meant harm by something they said? Also, gossip is a form of bullying and it can be very damaging. How does one prove that a person has been gossiping and spreading rumors about another?

That one hit the nail right on the head for me. We've had a bullying law in the state of Texas ,in think ,since 2005 and I'm still going through it. There's always a way they find to beat the system.

Danfalc

Banned
I still think that a lot of bullied people are going to have trouble reporting the bullies since they might be scared of the possible retaliation from the bullies, outside of school.

What do you guys think?

Yeah definatley,this mentality still exists now in the community I live in and were ment to be adults.There was a guy who lived on this estate and one day while he was driving to work,he saw a copper struggling with a man on the side of the road.The copper was being stabbed with a biro pen but this guy saved the police man.

Basicaly the guy was a hero,I dont like the police much but anyone who riks their saftey to help another human being is a hero in my eyes.The whole community turned against him and his kids got threatend at school.In the end he had to move.

Still its a step forward!Hopefully the chance of the police getting involved might be enough to make some people think twice,that or they just will make sure they dont get caught.

(Edit) Kids can be really horrible.But I dont think it's always out of sheer nast.Sometimes it is obviously.But its like if you didnt have fashionable clothes at my school you would get called a scrubber and laughed at.I think some kids need to be educated that not everyone is as lucky as them..I dont think kids always understand a situaition,they see somthing so they deal with it the best way they know how,to laugh it off and make it a joke.

Last edited: