A story to cheer up

grimaldi

Since the tome of forums like those are often negative, I will tell you a short story which might can cheer someone up.

In my class the most "popular guy" (if one can still say so in a master program at university) is a blusher. It's quite obvious he blushes when getting approached, being asked a question or even raises his hand to say something. He is very uncomfortable in front of class if there is an assignment that demands presentation.

I often sit next to him in class and spend quite a lot of time together with him and the big difference is how he handles the blushing. The guy is cool as a cat. When he blushes, he doesn't freak out, he just goes on. You can see to some extent that he is aware of that he blushes, but it wont keep him from going on talking in the same calm manner. He doesn't loose his head.

Today he and me and two other girls - one being the best looking in the class - was having a chat in the hallway. The girl said something about a phone call which was embarrasing to my friend, and he went all red. The girl also pointed this out in Chinese (which me and the other girl understands) and she did it in a "cute" way, thinking it was cute with this reaction.

My friend could have walked away since we did work in the lab just next to us but he just stood there, calm voice, talking about this and that, redness in the face slowly decreasing. I have only known this guy for three months but it's clear he is a blusher, but the way he handles it is impressing.

I have started to imitate this in a way and it works. I still blush but I try not to loose my head. Today I had an interview and I blushed but instead of getting the inner panic I just tried to carry on and it helped me.

I want to say two things:

1) The way how you handles the blushing is maybe more important than get rid of it

2) If he can be the coolest and most popular guy in our class with 60 sharp persons, why can't we live a normal life? (we can)

This sounds stupid but my new therapy is to never walk away from a blushing situation.

AimeeSP

Thank you for sharing this, it's really got me thinking. :) I've noticed that when i blush i'll be thinking something like, "oh no, i've gone red, everyone is looking at me!" and then i blush even harder. So honestly i'm really grateful you shared this, i'll change my way of thinking. ;)

doesit

nice story :] same here usually it starts with the feeling of heat ,next stage is mild blushing,and third stage is extreme blushing and pain on the face :I but at the same time while going mental usually if someone asks me something i respond in calm manner :) have to seem realy weird for some people :D

cure

Thanks for this story grimaldi. It's very motivational and if you can accept blushing you will see it will start to happen much less. :)