A Perfect World

Do you in the ideal of a pefect society?

• Absolutely

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sometimes

• Not really, too idealistic

• Not at all

• Total voters

shyandnumb

I have been reading the book titled "The Giver" again and though if our world was like the character's world would we finally be contented with ourselves and others. Without colors and strong emtions, we would find peace witin our societies. For myself, I believe we can head in this direction, but it won't make anybody happy in this world. Sure, we strive for peace, however, Earth has a long way to go before we can form a society display in this book. On the other hand, the very ideal of societies becoming this way is disturbing and too eerie for me to handle. :? I hate the ideal of losing the colors and emotions that makes someone into an individual. :wink:

So, I have a question for anybody on here. If you create a perfect world, how would you imagine it? :)

My idea of a perfect world: everyone would have education, health care, employment, family, friends, hobbies. The perfect world would reward those who helped the less fortunate. In a perfect world problems would be resolved with love and understanding not hate and violence. We'd all support each other. The environment wouldn't be destroyed. We wouldn't foul our air, water and land just to get the cheapest goods from the other side of the world. The planet wouldn't be over populated.

Will it ever happen? Hopefully, but I don't think it'll be for a long time. I listen to Coast to Coast AM (a radio show), and someone said that aliens have been warning us that we are destroying the Earth and it's almost past the point of no return. The majority of humanity is too concerned with just surviving to be able to stop the headlong rush into disaster. It seems we are all lemmings, driving our gas guzzling suv's at 75mph towards a cliff.

shyandnumb

I have started listening to Coast to Coast AM about 2 weeks ago randomly and it really is interesting radio show. I like their piece on giants and nano technology. Anyway, I like your version of a perfect world; even though, it may take centuries to achieve something like that.