(I don't feel entirely comfortable telling the world this
but) I've tried every med - SSRI's, SNRI's, Benzos, Buspar
w/ not much help for SP.

Does anyone have any info on the effectiveness of MAOI's on
SP? PLEASE E-MAIL or POST HERE. Thanks.

I'm sorry if this is a long post, but I'm kinda getting
this stuff off my chest.

Hi John!
Welcome to the club. At least you knew you were socialphobic, I tought that nobody else in the world could feel what i feel, I didn´t even know that it had a name (SF).
I´ve been searching, and I found that serotonina and Omega 3 are good, maybe you could try those.
Regards.

wacomtablet

hello John and Fobicasocial (who hasn't posted in a very long time)

i empathise with the seemingly hopeless quest for something to make a difference and something to provide the breakthrough.
it is rare to really read anything online which is encouraging of the overcoming of this disorder.
i've been on the meds roundabout too. it is a devastating ride to be on.
i wonder what the solution is. i've read of people who find some relief through cocktails of medications. there was one particular 'success' story of medication making a huge difference to the life of a girl at alt.support.social-phobia on usenet, but about 3 months later she reported crashing again in a spectacular fashion. it was almost cruelly ironic that she was released from this life for such a brief time - given a taste of the banquet of life but ultimately not able to feast at the table.
it seems disheartening that people very rarely post about success.
it seems it never really goes away, but becomes manageable to a degree for some people in that they can function in this world and pursue some of the things which social anxiety robs us of.
people post so frequently of the efforts they make, but so infrequently of the fruits of those efforts.
i wonder why.
it is sad seeing so many apparently 'lost' posters to this forum. maybe they will return.