5 years since my PFRS operation for HH

scruffpot

Hi all...

Its been a while since I have been on this site and thought I should drop a quick hello and a catch up.
back in 2008 I posted this http://www.socialphobiaworld.com/pulse-radio-frequency-sympathectomy-instead-of-ets-11972/

Its now been about 5 years since the OP and my HH has greatly improved.
CS lasted about a year back and behind the legs, but that eventually stopped.

Unfortunately after the OP I went down hill big style and was diagnosed with depression, anxiety, PTSD and anger issues. I was put on antideps (citalopram) they probably saved my life, and I got some help at MIND for anger issues, eventually life began to slowly improve. The main problem I found was; I was told by the NHS I was too complex for their therapy offered in my area and would have to go private. This wasn't going to happen as I was broke, therefore I began to create my own intro and retrospective therapy to deal with my issues to enable me to accept me for who I am.

Luckily this worked.

Now 5 years later life is a lot better my HH is vastly improved now, I do not have depression and anxiety and have made a full recovery.. I now work in the mental health sector running programs for people with mental health issues. I still know that the big green monster of mental health follows me but I have the strength to kick it up the arse every once in a blue moon. As you never forget what it is like to have been there in the really dark places.

As we all know that mental health conditions affect HH e.g. anxiety I do believe if you get some help and support your HH may become a lot better.
But that's the first step getting over the anxiety to attend support groups etc and that can be very difficult.

Back to the operation..
I knew it was a total gamble going for the operation, it may not work it may work, a lot of people on certain sites shouted and complained that I was going for a procedure and I should not have done it, it was pointless, dangerous, irreversible etc. But it was the best decision I ever made.

PRFS is less invasive then ETS and not as dangerous (deflating lung etc). However with any operation its a gamble and if it works great if not bad. In the hospital I went to I was told I was a guinea pig and this had not been done before, but I was willing to risk everything as I had hit that point in my life where it was this or something else......(dark place)...etc
I still take oxybutin daily as it helps deal with the little HH I have left. I am not completely HH free, I have a thyroid disease that is partially to blame and defunct genetics... however having messed up thyroid means free medication (no prescription fees) and Im happy with my defunct genetics as that creates me for who I am.
But my HH is about 70% I would say better then it used to be.

This site was a great support for me in dire needs, however I had to have a break from it to concentrate on me getting mentally better.
I'm now a counsellor and work for one of the BIG mental health organisations.

There is hope out there and if I can be any use for anyone please let me know.

Scruff

Sprawling

All I can say is that I'm real happy that this has worked on your HH. I'm puzzled that I cannot find any current information of others who have had the "Pulse radio frequency sympathectomy."

I've got questions, but first I'm trying to see what I can find about this procedure that's a modified ETS.

Knickerless

All I can say is that I'm real happy that this has worked on your HH. I'm puzzled that I cannot find any current information of others who have had the "Pulse radio frequency sympathectomy."

I've got questions, but first I'm trying to see what I can find about this procedure that's a modified ETS.

Its always great to hear success stories on here to keep the moral high and hope within reach during tricky times (such as the 30+ degree heat which is currently sweeping the UK like the plague). As Sprawling says, if you could post a link to somewhere with a little more info on PRFS it would be really appreciated as I too have never heard of this procedure and cannot find anything else on the subject online.

Congratulations again for getting out that hole, its not an easy thing to do so you should be very proud.

scruffpot

thanks you lot :) thought I should post it and letting you lot know there is some help out there.

I'm going to this coming week dig out some old records about this and see what i can find.

All I know is they insert big needles into your back and electrocute certain ganaglia nerves along to T chain. They keep you slightly awake but under great pain killers (nearly tripping balls at one point).. but as they turn up the voltage you have to say when it hurts, then they repeat it. I had this done in 6 places on my back. In the old post the one I have linked there is the xrays so you can see what they did.

In terms of info as I was a guinea pig I have no idea what research there was done on it. However it is less invasive and less dangerous then ETS... but to create similar effects.

I'll see what i can grab you lot as in terms of info, there are a few documents online but you have to sift through the medical jargon.

However they did fracture one of my ribs in the process, but that's nothing to complain about as I have broken 19 bones so far.. (fell out of many tress as a kid) and the danger was and in the same with etc a broken rib can puncture a lung so i had to be really careful after wards.

Also when they let me out of the hospital as I was in and out in 3 hours I was still slightly tripping on the pain killers,the nurses talked me into getting a taxi home to make sure I was safe. However I got on a bus and then ended up in town wandering around in a painkiller post operation daze..I dropped into superdrug to get some pain killers, they know me there and called a taxi to get me home as I was standing there chatting absolutely rubbish... haha fun fun fun times....

Last edited:

scruffpot

Midazolam thats what they gave me...great stuff...not pain killer but anesthetic

Last edited: