21st birthday

Lotrsfan

Ok, so it's a little early to be writing about this and even worrying because my birthday is not until 8th August.
But well my dad wants to go out for a meal in a chinese restaurant and he suggested that we take my sister's boyfriend (both 17) along with us too because he says he's at least part of the family now..uhmm i don't mind but uhm..i don't want him to think that why hasn't she invited one of her friends along too since it's her 21st birthday and your supposed to celebrate that birthday with alllll the people you know or specially friends, ain't you? I can't invite one or lots of my friends along or even just go out with my friends for a meal and not take my parents because i don't have friends BUT i don't want my sister's boyfriend to know that i'm a loner and don't have a single RL friend! :lol: that'd be soo embaressing!

i wouldn't mind if i had a RL best friend and invited her along as well as going with my parents, sister and her boyfriend because then at lease he'd think oh, she's got a friend.

I was also thinking of going to the threatre (and my dad had suggested that too, and i think it's a good idea) instead of going for a meal because i'm also a little nervous about going to a restaurant because i don't like eating out. But then i might have to invite my sister's boyfriend then too. :lol:

Help!?

Have you had to invite your siblings bf/gf or even friends along on your birthday somewhere? but did you also have some of your friends (if you have some) going along too?

Hurricane

Plenty of time to get some friends :wink:
I don't think her boyfriend will jump to the conclusion you don't have friends. I would never take a friend with me if I were to dine with my parents so...and he's your sisters boyfriend, that's something totally different :)

We have the same post-count, yeay us! :lol:

spct

yeah, i agree with Hurricane

if i were the boyfriend, i'd probably just assume it was a family meal

& i'd consider your sister's boyfriend as potential family if you know what i mean, so the family meal thing still makes sense

i remember i had a similar thing on my 22nd whilst at uni

all my housemates were going out for mine & one of my other housemate's 22nd for a joint celebration type thing; nothing too major, just some drinks & then to the student union

& my housemate was being urged to bring the friends off his course (of whom he had quite a few), whilst i didn't really have anyone off my course to invite (i knew some people but not well enough to invite along)

so i felt kind of embarrassed leading up to it, although fortunately noone made a thing of it or anything (my housemate didn't even invite his course mates along in the end)

i know it's not exactly the same, but i can understand how you feel

i think you just have to trust the people around you will be nice enough not to judge you for being the way you are

& if they do, being strong & confident enough just to accept it & not be apologetic for it or ashamed for letting them down

it's not easy i know, but it's something i've been trying to work on recently & i've found it's helped me a little