2 does of risperdal(2mg) + alcohol = overdose?

anonym123

i have taken 2 doese of risperdal(interval of about 20mins) and alcohol on thursday night... i was very dizzy and sleepy that night... the following day, it's was a bit better but still dizzy... and today i am still dizzy...

these risperdal was given to me a long time ago.. these were risperdal that remained from my previous treatment which i stopped.. I had a speach on thursday.. i was so nervous that i took alcohol first.. didn't work so i took risperdal... didn't work so i was so stressed that i took another risperdal.. i really regret what i have done... i don't want to see a doctor.... cuz my disease is kept secret and don't want people to know...

can someone who has experienced such a thing tell me.. if it's overdose or i dizzyness will eventually go..?? cuz day after day, the dizzyness becomes weaker.. but it's still here... i am very afraid... plz help

playthepsychedelic

you should never ever ever combine drugs with alcohol, this is a severe combination and could be dangerous, possibly even deadly.

I don't know much about this medicine ( checked it on wikipedia) but I would say that a double dose + some alcohol (and I don't mean loads of vodka or something, you know what I'm trying to say) is not dangerous. If you're not used to drinking alcohol or taking high doses of medicines, then it's possible that the after-effects of a "small overdose" can hold very long. But if this would have killed you/ damaged your body/whatever your afraid of, then it should have happened on thursday night,and not now.
however if you do truly get the feeling that you're in a severe state, then you have to go to a doctor/hospital RIGHT AWAY.
hope this was usefull to you

anonym123

i don't think i am in a severe state but i still feel quite dizzy... especially when i am tired... will try to sleep early today.. maybe it's side effects combined with fatigue(i hope so)... if i still feel dizzy.. maybe i will go see a doctor on monday... thnks for ur reply... you relieved me...

edit: when i was taking risperdal during my treatment long time ago.. i had these side effects but it lasted only for one night... here it's lasting for some days.. guess it's because i took 2 doses.. hope it gets away

anonym123

it's day 4 and i am still feeling a bit dizzy....i dun want to see a doctor... u think these side effects will go away by itself? u can't overdose with only 4mg of risperdal right? it must be the side effects.... i hope so...

anonym123

it's day 6..went to see a doctor yesterday.. he told me it's the side effects of risperdal.. and prescribed me artane and lexotanil ... it's supposed to stop the side effects... (i hope it works).. my side effects seem to be getting actually.. today i started having a choking sensation as if something blocked in my throat...really annoying.. sometimes i have difficulties breathing to.. someone's ever got this sensation? is it serious or it's just a sensation)...

does someone know how long the side effects of risperdal last?? i made huge mistake taking 2 doses at once.... now i am having problems and i am more anxious...

i am going to throw away all risperdal i have now... will never ever touch this drug again!!! (will throw all my paxil too).. dun want to touch any these meds again...

i will treat my SA by myself... (i think it's better!!!)

Rigil

anonym123 said:
does someone know how long the side effects of risperdal last?? i made huge mistake taking 2 doses at once.... now i am having problems and i am more anxious...

Before I answer this, you should know I was misdiagnosed with delusions (doc had bad English skills) and placed on risperdal.
My experience will probably be different than yours.
I also followed my docs instructions to the letter.
Taking risperdal had no benefits for me whatsoever, that and the following are documented.
I had severe "shakes" as the only side effect, to the point that my family thought I was having seizures.
That was in 1999, it took a around a year for the shakes to "completely" go away.
I put "completely" in quotes because it can still happen to this day if I over exert myself or get overheated.
I never had that symptom before, even "overheating" and "exerting" in the military.
Could just be my 'old' age of 38.:oops:
My advice is if you think there is any reason you may have been put on the wrong med or misdiagnosed, see another doctor.
Put exclamation points on the above sentence if your doctor does not speak English natively, even if he speaks well.
In my case it was my therapist that caught it, and it was a result of misinterpreting English.
It was very easy to look at all the records and see I never told anyone I thought people were literally watching me.
The phrase that was the culprit was "I feel like people are watching me."
That doc's interpretation of that was "People are watching me. I feel it."
He's possibly a good doc...in Thailand.

Above all, some of us (like myself) don't do bad on meds, some of us don't need them.
Don't be afraid to ask your doc questions about your meds (which you seem to be doing), or to get a second opinion .
Unfortunately for all of us, that can be difficult- especially if you don't have a lot of cash. :cry: