100% GUARENTEED SA/SP CURE !!!

Scottish_Player

I have a cure for SA/SP just send me £25 or $15 and i will send you it in an email :lol:

No only joking, seriously though for me part of my problem is careing TOO much what people think of me and how they perceive me and i think one of the things to help overcome it is to stop caring what people think, i mean whats the worst that could happen?

I have been applying this for the past few months now and you know what ive found out? NO one really cares what i do or how i walk or if my hair is sticking up and so on. no one is really intrested so why should i worry about it.

Music has always been my inspiration in life and i found this song the other day and ive had it up full belt in my car and it makes me feel great, its good lyricaly and its also got a good irish sound too it, well considering they are an Irish band that would make sense.

So if you intrested the songs called ORDINARY DAY by GREAT BIG SEA

I’ve got a smile on my face, I’ve got four walls around me
The sun in the sky, the water surrounds me
I’ll win now but sometimes I’ll lose
I’ve been battered, but I’ll never bruise, it’s not so bad

Chorus
And I say way-hey-hey, it’s just an ordinary day
and it’s all your state of mind
At the end of the day, you’ve still got to say,
it’s all right.

See that girl on the street, what keeps her from dying
Let them say what they want, she won’t stop trying
She might stumble, if they push her ’round
She might fall, but she’ll never lie down

Chorus

It’s a beautiful day, but there’s always some sorrow
It’s a double edged knife, but there’s always tomorrow
It’s up to you now if you sink or swim,
Keep the faith and your ship will come in.

racheH

Yeah that's how I felt when I first realised what my problem was, and how I'd just assumed that because disapproval 'felt' bad, it must be bad.
for me part of my problem is careing TOO much what people think of me and how they perceive me and i think one of the things to help overcome it is to stop caring what people think, i mean whats the worst that could happen?

I have been applying this for the past few months now and you know what ive found out? NO one really cares what i do or how i walk or if my hair is sticking up and so on. no one is really intrested so why should i worry about it.
It must have taken me about two years from the time my reason decided to tell me it didn't matter what people thought of me, for the message to get in complete control of my emotions around people. Because our brains are designed to allow irrational fear to defeat our reason. My anticipation anxiety went down because I believed there was nothing to fear, and every time a situation became a little easier I'd milk the feeling of satisfaction for all it was worth. I now know this was 'extinction learning' and that the feeling of achievement afterwards was 'reward learning' - reassociating the feared situation with pleasure. It was slow but worth it. Keep going with that way of thinking and good luck! :)

Oh, and it's helpful to remind yourself of whatever caused your phobia, if you know what it was, to reinforce the idea that the fear is unwarranted and no longer relevant to your life. It really helped me, anyway.

Scottish_Player

Hiya RacheH you put that brilianlty there in what you said, and its exactly the way iam just now, instead of going in and out of the same situation everyday (the shops for example) and thinking how bad it was or could be think of how well it went and how it didnt go wrong like i had planned it in my head. :)

ignisfatuus

scottish_player said:
well considering they are an Irish band

Not to nitpick, but I'm fairly certain Great Big Sea are Canadian. The Irish influence is from the close adherence to their Celtic roots that East Coast Canadians have (particularly Cape Breton).

Chilling__Echo

fuck yeah scottish!

by the way, racheH i like what you wrote too. i eventually just tried looking at everyone else around me in public and seeing myself as capable as they were. b/c we're no different. it's all in our heads. it's all mindset. mindset! i still have bad days but i try to say, hey, there's another tomorrow and there's not been ONE day yet that i knew what the next held. awesome guys... wonderful to hear :D

by the way scottish, i always see this dude on campus and i have to do a double take b/c i swear he looks just like you. i think it's the latest pic you have up that he looks most like and it's the most recent in my mind.

Scottish_Player

ignisfatuus said:
Not to nitpick, but I'm fairly certain Great Big Sea are Canadian. The Irish influence is from the close adherence to their Celtic roots that East Coast Canadians have (particularly Cape Breton).

Kool, i didnt know that i only came across them by mistake and thought they where irish just going by the sound of them, i'd never heard of them before, their stuff is excellent and very up lifting happy kinda stuff, thanks for letting me know :D

Scottish_Player

McShy said:
Occhh Laddie, they ARE Canadian, and while ther is some Irish influence, the main influence on Cape Breton is Scottish (ironic isn't it Scottish_player?). By the way did you know that "lukies boat is painted green?

I eventualy found out that lukies boat was painted green after downloading most of their music :p , so are they a big band/well known well over in Canada? If so is there anything similar to them that you think i would like?

P.S My mother is making me Marry Mari Mac :lol:

Scottish_Player

Chilling__Echo said:
by the way scottish, i always see this dude on campus and i have to do a double take b/c i swear he looks just like you. i think it's the latest pic you have up that he looks most like and it's the most recent in my mind.

Does he get all the attention from the woman aswell like me :p i wish lol .I have heard that everyone has a double somewhere in the world maybe you have found mines :wink: does he have SP aswell :p

black_mamba

This is so exciting! I wonder what I'm going to get, maybe a tacky wrist watch that'll keep telling me to be positive. Or maybe a robotic dog that I can take for walks so I won't feel lonely or look like a looser.

Yay. :D

black_mamba

Where I live, bankers is slang for w*nkers. Quite apt I thought.

Hamsters don't need blankets do they? They have fur. They'll survive. Now are you going to make a talking wrist watch that tells me what to do in social situations or not? :D