10 days...

paul

10 days until Christmas vacation stars -- do I need that or what! Not much new has been with me since I last was here, except these past weeks and future week are destined for failure!! Destined!! My math teacher is incapable of teaching anything effectively, so I got an 83 (!) on this test ... my dad is not going to be happy :| my average for the trimester was a 92, which is not good again according to my parents ... also, my bitch English teacher (well, she's okay sometimes) snatched me and two other peoples' quizzes because we "took too long..." wtf! We just are meticulous about handwriting :x so I'm probably going to get like a ... 70 on that ... bad 8O I do not want to go to school tomorrow!

How has everything been here? How are all my friends? How is everyone?

redlady

Oh paul - i'm sorry things are still difficult for you my friend. I hate that as a student you have no power and are at the mercy of your teachers. I wish i had something constructive to say. All i can say is that i hope when school goes back you get some better teachers. Just don't let it get you down paul - soon enough you will be away from all that crap and i have no doubt you will make a success of yourself.

young

hey paul,

things here are going ok... i'm lactating again. but other than that it's ok. I got a raise at work. It's almost christmas. Same ol' same ol'. Yea hs can be a bitch. But it will only f you if you let it. I know to your parents a 92 may not be that good. But as long as you're always doing your best. And keep striving for more. then you'll be ok..

paul

hey everyone! :) thanks for the replies.
I got all these replies and it reminded me of how much this site makes me feel better; I must come here more when I have time!
redlady I haven't seen you in awhile, but it's good to see you haven't changed :) your posts are unmistakable!
thanks everyone for the comments -- harvey, I tend to overreact to grades (maybe because my parents do too...) and that quiz that my English teacher snatched I ended up getting an 89 on :p not great but much better than I expected.
anyway, masterpiece2 and worrydoll, glad you all remember me, I haven't had too much interaction with you two

glad to be back and see you all!
-paul :)[/img]

black_mamba

Why are you're parents so unsatisfied with a 93% average?!?! Insanity, just in case you needed confirmation - it's insane!

Well, I can only draw on my own memories. I never remembered such scores from my schools, I guess it just wasn't important as long as I understood the work, anything above 60/70% was fine by me. I only got one high mark ever which was 98% in a class math test when I was 14, thats it.

But I'm fine now at uni and even got myself a few 100% scores from tests. So I don't think getting a few Ds, Es and even Fs when I was younger made such a difference at all! I can't believe the pressure you're under from your parents, I just wish I could make them see - grades aren't everything! Not until you start a degree anyway. :wink:

*flicks bogers@paul's teachers* 8)

paul

:lol: My parents tend to be a bit obsessive over my grades -- it might have made me a bit compulsive too :p but my parents are definitely not the worst, I know people whose parents are more crazy -- if my parents are insane, I don't want to know what they must be.... 8O

*flicks bogers@paul's teachers*

hehehe, mamba, you manage to be mature yet have such an appealingly immature sense of humor sometimes :p

black_mamba

Hehe I was just about to post a topic called 'I feel old' because I've been getting kinda annoyed a teenagers this past month and people who don't work hard. But I just couldn't do it, I'm just jealous that I can't be as childish as they are because I've got no one to flick bogers at, nor the time to do it.

Now you're going to tell me how mature you are....pleeasseee, make me feel childish. :lol: