Working out!

Cryptolysergick

how often do you work out? I started after a loooong hiatus, I have a weird body, but I just started today and feel much better. Maybe enoughc an cure SA! maybe its crazy talk though :-/

redlady

I work out everyday and it does make me feel better. If it could cure you i would be cured. Damn it!

black_mamba

Cryptolysergick said:
how often do you work out? I started after a loooong hiatus, I have a weird body, but I just started today and feel much better. Maybe enoughc an cure SA! maybe its crazy talk though :-/

:lol: Crazy talk? It makes sense man keep at it, I wish I had the guts to go to the gym to work out...do you have equipment at home or somethign? Can I borrow? :p

Fredscars

im supposed to the gym for an hour or so every week..
but..i ..dont.
ive been twice, but i cant be bothered :oops:
that and it so much effort to get in there. and i never want to go on the machines, in case people laugh at me

Cryptolysergick

black_mamba said:
Cryptolysergick said:

:lol: Crazy talk? It makes sense man keep at it, I wish I had the guts to go to the gym to work out...do you have equipment at home or somethign? Can I borrow? :p

I have a broken car hood that can be used for situps!

black_mamba

Oooo ingenious! I used to use suitcases filled with stuff as weights, and you can use a sofa to good effect too. I found a site a while back on how to use household objects to exercise effectively, that was useful. I can't find it though. :?

Neebo

I'm Lucky enough to have my own weights at home :) I own a pair of dumbells and a barbell. There is also an old gym machine in my mom's house too,but part of it is broken,dammit! :x I also often work out quite alot too and it doe's actually make you feel good and you do feel better after a good workout :) Working out doe's give you a natural high. I'm really glad that I can do it in the comfort of my own home too,as I'm just not confident enough to join a gym.

Scottish_Player

Ive just started doing my weights AGAIN lol i started yesterday and it does give me a good feeling but like it has been mentioned this has only been for a short while.But all it takes for me is to miss one night of my routine and thats me i stop :roll: but this time i realy wanna build myself up so heres hoping *fingers crossed*

thugaveli

i used to do weights, joggin, situps...ect every day but the past month or so ive just stopped and can't get back into a routine because im so drained and depressed

i get really frustrated because i keep eating biscuits and i can't motivate myself

nerdgirl178

I job 3-5 miles almost everyday. It helps me with stress, and makes me feel better. I went from a size 12 to a 4 :) I feel better about myself but still have SA.

Sue

i love doing weights while watching movies and i love climbing mountains and walking on beaches and in forests. plus the dogs have to be power walked 3 times a day. well they dont have to be but i enjoy power walking.

Horatio

I bend down to turn the computer and bend back up to sit down at the computer desk

Sometimes when Im going really hard out I will lift a bowl of chips from the bench and carry it into my cave

black_mamba

Horatio said:
I bend down to turn the computer and bend back up to sit down at the computer desk

Sometimes when Im going really hard out I will lift a bowl of chips from the bench and carry it into my cave

And don't forget about the added exercise of dragging random women into your cave by their hair. :twisted:

Ugga booga!

believesomething

ColdFury said:
I exercise everyday, but despite what people like to say, it does not make feel any better.

I can't tell you what you feel and won't try to, but I'm going to suggest a logical twist - maybe you would be worse off in the absence of exercise? Not that I'd hope you were worse off if you ever stopped or had to stop for whatever reason, I'm just trying to see if there's a way you could see what you are doing positively (if you indeed want to).

I'm not sure if you were talking on a purely psychological level or not, but the ancillary benefits of exercise can all assist too. I mean, rarely is exercise going to solve problems in itself, but all of the things that can go along with it:
- occupying that time with something other than raw thinking
- potential to have to change environment to do it
- better body-image
- better sleep quality
- increased attractive-ness to potential partners
- general health increase (lower illness risk, illness can cause anx/dep)

....and many more. All of the ancillary benefits of exercise, the things that don't directly cause "endorphin release" (which is rarer than most people think anyways), all of these things can help make life a little easier, and most of us don't notice them.

BelieveSomething.

thugaveli

Exercise can be very tedious especially if your feeling 90

Well ive started my weights again i feel all these posts have kicked my butt into gear

And i try and do 300 situps a day because i eat to many biscuits

Hopefully nothing goes too badly wrong otherwise my exercise will be reduced to typing, lifting a can of beer and smellin my armpits

black_mamba

Thugaveli a few effective sit-ups work just as well as a few hundred. I mean, if you enjoy it don't stop, but for working the stomach muscles specifically you don't need so many. I asked a coupla body builders online and they agree. So ner. :p

ColdFury

I have joint problems. Exercise hurts, a lot.

I feel just fine doing nothing. The only reason I exercise is because of health issues. I absolutely hate doing it.