Lets post our small victories

Dr. Doom

I asked my dad to get me some help for my anxiety, so we're gonna get me a psych evaluation soon. nothing dramatic, but now I can get diagnosed or something, maybe get pills for it or get someone to talk to.

xLindziex

Today I stood up for myself! :D
Usually I have a tough time standing by my opinions, but I did so today and everything turned out okay :)

And I went to Whole Foods to buy some Gardein products*, usually I get my mom to go out and do that for me, but since I was in the area... I did it myself :D
(*Gardein products, in short, are faux meats, which I tend to avoid going out on my own to get because I'm afraid people will look down on me for my choice of diet)

Pretty successful day, if I do say so myself ^_^

I asked my dad to get me some help for my anxiety, so we're gonna get me a psych evaluation soon. nothing dramatic, but now I can get diagnosed or something, maybe get pills for it or get someone to talk to.

That's fantastic! :)

I went to the train station to pick up my sister today. I got there about thirty minutes early. There was quite a few people there, but I didn't get nervous. I even talked to two of them. Small steps.

GoBlue72

Went to the mall, talked to a few people in the stores, bought a pair of size 33 waist jeans that fit me. Probably the first time since high school(20 years) I can say that. Although, I often buy them a size too big.

1986Poe

i drank a cup of tea and relaxed (i love to raid the cabinet and mix one of each type of tea with cinnamin) yeah i know weird lol

GoBlue72

Oops. Just zapped my response into nothingness. I was going to say I've been listening to that program or something like it. The one guy has a serious monotone and sounds like he might've overcome a stutter or something. I haven't done it yet, so good for you! I rationalized(of course) that I'm past that point, even though i've not done the exercise with 30 women. I did speak with a Starbucks barista for 10 minutes the other day. It was easy, as she was very bubbly. Too bad she's leaving for a new job next week. ;( Oh well. Plenty of fish in the sea.

Waybuloo

1/ my wallet was stolen whilst I was browsing a catalogue in Argos. No witnesses, no evidence, I started to panick. But I kept cool and retraced my steps, came back and spoke to a staff member and enquired about CCTV etc. They all looked at me, I was still self conscious, but this needed to be done and I couldn't just walk away not knowing when my wallet was gone.

2/ I smashed a coffee jar in the supermarket, on a busy Saturday morning. People froze and stared at me. I made sure two people were notififed, and carried on with the shopping and paying, even though I was trembling throughout and the cashier insulted me. My formal letter of complaint would address the last injustice.

Hottie

Okay well friday i made a little bad decision but i made up for it...
Saturday i didnt go mental and get out of it, as i had planned. I went to lunch on sunday with my granny and grandad, as i had planned.

So i made a good decision not to say up all night saturday and party. If i did i would have been completely anxious and pariniod when going for the lunch (if i had of even went at all, i proberly would have canceled!!).

So i put responcibility/duty before party....which is a huge step...

traveled by taxi , i told the taxi guy about my social anxiety ::eek::
He told me about a girl in his family, which has SA too,
he told me like ''when I face 10 people, I already go sweat, but when she face those people, it's 1000 times worse, so that's how you feel right?''
I said I totally feel like that, it's great to talk about this , and it feels good that i just told him, whatever reaction will be, and this was a good thing to do :)

Moo

I love this thread! well done everyone

Mine probably sounds silly but anxeity can make us fear strange things! Today I went to the college office to organise a resit for an exam I missed. I've been putting it off for almost the entire month I had to do it (after Thursday it costs £75 instead of £25). Last night I was actually losing sleep over it. I feel really stupid for fearing it in the first place (haha) but still proud for getting it done. ;)

Also I had a conversation with a friend I hadn't seen in a few weeks and it wasn't toooo awkward. I'm not that great at talking for a long time but it felt kind of natural today. There were only a couple of times it was hard.

traveled by taxi , i told the taxi guy about my social anxiety ::eek::
He told me about a girl in his family, which has SA too,
he told me like ''when I face 10 people, I already go sweat, but when she face those people, it's 1000 times worse, so that's how you feel right?''
I said I totally feel like that, it's great to talk about this , and it feels good that i just told him, whatever reaction will be, and this was a good thing to do :)

That's awesome. :D

Shygirl2011

I've made a possible contact with someone who could help me later on my career field at my retail job because I actually opened to her a bit about my future profession; apparently she's in the field too and can help me out. :)

EscapeArtist

I've made a possible contact with someone who could help me later on my career field at my retail job because I actually opened to her a bit about my future profession; apparently she's in the field too and can help me out. :)

wow nice! That's so difficult for a SA to find! Good on you :) It sounds promising.

I seem to get better at this ''dealing with new people 'more' socially''-thing. It still makes my stomach turn, don't get me wrong, but to an extent that it's doable on a long(er) bases. As long as they're not being enormous figurative genitalia, of course.