If you could go back to the start, would you force yourself to be different?

Agent_Violet

I prefer to live in the now.The past is gone and there's not good that can come from fantasizing about a "do-over".All it does it frustrate you and make you realize all the mistakes you've made that you can never fix.

Best thing you can do is start living now the way you are fantasizing you had lived then.

O'Killian

razzle dazzle rose mentioned the Butterfly Effect and that's what I've always considered about do-overs. Where I am is, all told, pretty good - I'm nowhere near a place where restarting from scratch would do me a whole lotta favors.

Maybe if I could give my younger self the same perspective I have now, I might have appreciated that he would seize on a few opportunities I was too blind to notice. But that's in the past and I'll live with it.

Rembrandt Broam

This is a very interesting thread, and makes me think of something I wrote a while ago. It wasn't something I wrote intending to post online, but if I haven't deleted it I may post it up later.

But to answer the question: yes. If I could spin the great wheel of time back to my childhood, there are so many things I would do differently.

Hoppy

I should have left the house when I finished school. For the rest, I don't know, except for not daring to make a date with Melanie.

pop-princess

These thoughts make me really sad and depressed but yeah one of my biggest wishes is that I could travel back in time and do everything differently. Today with the help of therapy i'm pretty much cured from SA but it is harder now to make friends when you're 20 years old and graduated. Sometimes I feel like i'm doomed because how I was when I was younger and had a serious case of social phobia. I wish I hade the knowledge I have now and that I could travel back at least 5-6 years.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
If someone has shown me what my future self would be like, I would have commited suicide. I used to be a lot more confident about my future back then, despite having issues. Heck... what the hell happened with all that confidence? Where did it go?