I really shouldn't be a babysitter...

shinghan

Yea so I have social anxiety and depression. Recently my sister asked me if I could look after her son (age 9) and daughter (age 11) while she works 12-14 hours each day as a nurse. I agreed not really knowing what to expect. I am really terrible at watching over children. I don't really talk to them because I don't know what to say. I barely feel emotion nowadays so its really hard to laugh and play with them. My sister asked me to limit their computer hours to 2 hours a day but I can't enforce something that I've never been enforced with before when I was a child. I was always neglected by my parents. I don't think I should be watching over them.

shinghan

It was a choice though. My other choice was to continue living with my dad where I couldn't even talk to or connect with. The environment around him was just terrible and I really couldn't cope at all. A lot of problems that made me have suicidal thoughts. Which is why I decided to move out and help my sister.

Mittzu

social anxiety is a disease that should be cured, right? Once you are in this forum which is called socialphobiaworld, then i think you want help, right?

my advice for you is: They are just childrens, they won't judge you or have any sort of mean thought, having social anxiety and dealing with another human is really tough. However, like i said before, try to make them your "friends" even you being they aunt, it's more easily break some barriers with kids, try to have fun and a good time with'em, i really do freaking know how hard it is, but you can handle it!!!

R3K

ha, just make a deal with them. let them play computer games all day and do whatever they want, and in exchange they have to wash your car and clean your room once a week.

Hellhound

Super Moderator
They are just childrens, they won't judge you or have any sort of mean thought

I was in physical ED, when a kindergarden kid watched me and said "you're so fat that you can't do it"

I do not hate kids though.

ha, just make a deal with them. let them play computer games all day and do whatever they want, and in exchange they have to wash your car and clean your room once a week.

And make her breakfast, massage her feet, stand in all fours for her to rest her legs on their back while watching TV, switch channels, change her clothes, clean her shoes, hold her umbrella in the rain...

:|

Last edited:

Mittzu

I was in physical ED, when a kindergarden kid watched me and said "you're so fat that you can't do it"

I do not hate kids though.

:|

but that's diferent, kids say what comes in their mind, but it is not a real judgment, just a innocent child who doesn't know about complexes, problems, deficiencies... if a child see a person with down syndrome the child probably would laugh, and that's normal, because of those things that i said, so... in this context i think that her sister's children will make her feel good.