zoloft

meme

I went to see a psychiatrist based off my psychologist's suggestion. she prescribed my 25mg of zoloft. i told her i was scared of medication and that it might change my personality. she said she understood and didnt want to prescribe it with the intention of keeping me on it forever, but just for a while till i can learn to live without anxiety. i guess this makes sense, but i dont know...

anyone with experience with zoloft or other med?

meme said:
I went to see a psychiatrist based off my psychologist's suggestion. she prescribed my 25mg of zoloft. i told her i was scared of medication and that it might change my personality. she said she understood and didnt want to prescribe it with the intention of keeping me on it forever, but just for a while till i can learn to live without anxiety. i guess this makes sense, but i dont know...

anyone with experience with zoloft or other med?

I had a seizure while taking zoloft. I didn't have any better luck with prozac, paxil, serzone, celexa, wellbutrin, klonopin, etc. After many years, shrinks and drugs I finally found Acceptance and Commitment Therapy (ACT). ACT has taught me that anxiety is a normal part of life and I don't need drugs to deal with it. Now I can work full time and study part time and anxiety doesn't control my life anymore.

whitemind

...my psychitrist prescibed me zoloft and fevarin,but i was frightened of it just for your same reason,anyway I got them......now I am frightened because I have some collateral effects.
Anyway,I found out a plausible proof that what I thought was absurd,but It's too long to explain now :D

IknowIhaveSP

can we get those medication without prescription? because as my name states I know I have SP but I dont want to see any psyhchiatrist.

AvinaKo

IknowIhaveSP said:
can we get those medication without prescription? because as my name states I know I have SP but I dont want to see any psyhchiatrist.

Not that I'm aware of.
Why don't you want to see one?

IknowIhaveSP

Because I'm in Denmark and this is not my home country. I dont think I can even explain the way I feel in English very well either. And even if I was in my home country, I dont feel like seeing one. Because it's difficult for me to explain how shy I am to someone else. I know the problem and ebmrace it but I hate people dont understand me when I try to tell them my problem. I'll be any of the case he/she faces and will not care me at all.
AvinaKo said:
Not that I'm aware of.
Why don't you want to see one?