WORK!

Anonymous

Hi, anyone got any advice?

Im having so many problems and im not sure where to go from here. I was diagnosed with a mental illness a long time ago, it left some pretty bad scars with regards to social aspects, such as my inability to work. I just cant do it. something is pushing me away all the time and i just cant go in when all is said and done. I run a small home business which isnt massivly successful. it earns a small amount, the problem is without money to advertise im not going to get anywhere, so thats why i need to work.

I just cant get into a job, i tried again this morning and everytime i feel so bad, problem is this time many people knew about this job today outside my family and its very embarassing, i just want to hide away. I cant figure out what to do, the home business was supposed to help me get some self respect back etc..but people just laugh and say im lazy. they dont understand. I need help. i have a girlfriend who is so anxious to marry now, we booked a wedding on the assumption i will work, now i see us having to cancel as i cant support myself or anyone, i cant see any way out of this anymore.

Steve

JWH

Can I ask what sort of business you run from home? I've really got to start thinking about additional work. Up until now I've had no normal job, never even applied.

Anonymous

Perhaps you should think about just going to live as a hermit in the woods? I'm not joking...I think about it all the time, it's what provides relief from my chronic anxiety

Anonymous

basalbrush said:
Hi, anyone got any advice?
the problem is without money to advertise im not going to get anywhere, so thats why i need to work.Steve

Well, invest in a graphic designer and do the advertising. webpages, posters, flyers. etc. you might as well want a slogan and promotions.
( i am one licenced designer without job at the moment )
I have no advice at the moment. you can see my post "money&dating"
At least u have a gf. if people who reply on my post that time are right, she wont leave you even if ur poor. you dont have to marry her. just go live with her in a small room or sumethin. i cant even afford the small room so. good luck anyways.

tommydog

im in similar circumstances as you steve with regard to work/girlfriend.

I know that feeling of you just cant. However, i think it has little to do with sp, and alot to do with just bieng generally lazy. The longer you stay lazy and unmotivated, the more it compiles on itself and gets worse.

The girl im with atm, she has alot of responsibilities, and she is a high achiever in everything she does. I know that i have to work hard if im going to make it work out between us ... so .. after a year of doing almost absolutely nothing every single day, iv got a flight booked for tomorrow to go upstate and work construction 6 days a week.

You gotta do what you gotta do man. Dont let bullshit i dont feel like it iv got no energy id rather go to sleep get in the way of your life.

GettingThere

tommy_15 said:
You gotta do what you gotta do man. Dont let bullshit i dont feel like it iv got no energy id rather go to sleep get in the way of your life.

I agree, I think that you have to bite the bullet. Its not easy but its the better of two evils. Maybe you should research and find a job which offers less aggravation to your SA. I find that once you become settled in a job and things become routine, the SA element drops down to a workable level.

Anonymous

ooo. use that aggression to motivate urself to get a job, pick up the phone, call around, get an interview, pass it, get a job, and smile at ur new collegues. It's not that hard. Be a man.

LilMissTragic

Well it obvioulsy is too hard for him at present.
I can't work due to my Sp either, I have tried on numurous occasions with the same stupid result.
Its great that you have your own business though. At least you have taken another option. Does you GF not have a job?...I'm sure if you put your finances together then you could really get somewhere and get that wedding youve been planning.
Good luck anyways.

Anonymous

Anonymous said:
ooo. use that aggression to motivate urself to get a job, pick up the phone, call around, get an interview, pass it, get a job, and smile at ur new collegues. It's not that hard. Be a man.

:lol: so that it takes to be man? "pick up the phone, call around"?? lmao, thats unberable.
Nope. Its all in the interview. Upload your resume to some jobsearch engineer in your zone. wait for calls, once u get the call go to it and pray for that nervous system of yours to not play too much. basically the interviewer has to laugh all the time you are with him/her. in other terms you have to make friends with him/her while showing you are well skilled at certain field at the same time. gettin an interview might not be that hard even if you are anxious., passing it its another whole thing, sadly most people dont want to lead with illnes. I suggest investing in your bussiness or creating another one. sellin, fishing,tv fixer,barber etc. gluck.

tommydog

Who said anything about being lazy. i work from home, i have set up a home business from scratch. i have a client base which is pretty good. Im scared of working out and about, meetgin the new people and doing a new job, i resent the fact that i come on here and get called lazy!

Listen loser, go back and read your first post asshole. You didnt say anywere that you cant work because of too much anxiety, you said things like "i just cant go in" and "its hard". I was left to relate your story to myself because that is were you information led me.

I ask you to keep your comments to yourself if they are not helpful or you do not think about what you write first.

Well bugger you then pal. I tried to give you good advice, and i did think about what i posted. You obviously cant handle people giving you thier opinion, unless its peppered with praise. That not how it works mate, your not perfect, or else you wouldnt be here.

emerald

What kind of work are you looking for? I used to work in an office and I absolutely hated it. I was stuck at one desk, with nowhere else to go all day long. I had to listen to colleauges bitching about each other, and complaining and I jsut cam to the conclusion that they would do the same about me when I left the room.

anyways, I left, and now I work nights on an elderly psychiatric unit at the local hospital. nights mean there is only one or two other members of staff, so converstation and idle chit chat is not compulsory.

elderly psychiatry means that there are lots of people ther who just want to be left alone, or who have problems they want to talk to me about, and dont particulary want me to answer. they just really need somebody who will listen. and also, as they are in hospital, it means they are too engrossed in their own problems to be worrying about me.... ideal job really! (well, for me at any rate.) You will get a job, just widen your net and consider something that can use the positive qualities that you have to give

good luck to you,
Susannah