work experience soon :| lol

xkiss_me_nowx

im kinda looking forward to it, but also kinda not..
i know i dont have social phobia but i am shy nd well.. we have to ring up the person ourselfs and sort out an interview.. &then we will have to goto the interview. im scared ill mess it up with my nervousness!! i hope nott.. im pretty sure i can do it.. well i hope i can!
im gonna be doin my work experience at a place where we look after ill-treated horses which i know im gonna love cos ive always wanted to work with animals :)
im just nervous about it though.. cos im expected to be doing lots of communication stuff.. like talking on the phone ,sorting appointments out too.. and talkin to the people who come visit the horses etc..& at the interview.. well theyre gonna be asking me lots of questions about why i chose to do that etc.. im thinkin about what stuff i can say.. and well i hope i dont mess it up with my nerves when it comes to it.. its in 3 weeks time.. so im preparing myself haha!

any tips on how i could do on the interview? im sure most of you have been in this posistion..

benihana

Yeah,

1. Research the company/animal shelter/equine facility you are going to be interviewing for and study it. Make sure you know as much about the facility that is out there. For interviews, the more preparation you do the more it shows in knowledge and confidence in the interview.

2. Relate they work they do with the experience that you bring to the table. If you have worked in a similiar facility, have been training with horses since you were little, or know how to work the same database programs they use to keep track of their clients make sure you find that out before the interview. Figure out what the company stands to gain by employing you.

3. From your information gathering, figure out logistics, ie. pay rate, location, learning experience from a new position, etc. If you have any questions, write them down to ask at the latter portion of the interview. Basically, you want to make sure the position will be benificial to you and not just for your employers.

Also, I have found it good to create questions that peek you interest, if you find anything curious make a note. And one more thing, ALWAYS get the names down of who is interviewing you, it may be multiple people so have them slowdown and spell it out for you if don't exactly catch it. These are the people who you will communicate with to see if you receive the job and also thank for the interview.

Good luck!!

Oli025

good luck xkiss!

itll sure be a very good thing for you.

youll look back on this and youll feel it was so right

michel18

good luck!

a regular stress is normal there and normal to be felt
by the interviewer.
Hey, everyone feels this way at that moment.
theyre used to it and expect it.

deforce22

well since you posted about a month ago, youve probably already had the interview. how did it go?

here's a little of what i know about going for an interview. benihana has some good points. make sure you know as much as you can about the company before you go in for the interview. try and bring up a few things during your conversation with your interviewer to let them know that you are truly interested and have made an effort to get to know the company.

make sure you have a resume with you. even if one isnt required it is a good idea to have one. make sure you put things on there that will show what you have accomplished and that you are someone that is hardworking. use several adjectives and maybe even find someplace where people will review and edit your resume for you.

when you go for the interview, make sure you greet your interviewer with a nice 'hello.' you should shake their hand and make sure you have eye contact when you do so. its even better to smile as you do so. this will portray your confidence and make it seem like you are happy to be there, even if you feel otherwise.
another thing is to make sure you have questions for the interviewer. even if you just have one or two, it makes you appear even more interested in learning about the company. asking questions will promote more conversation and better your chances of getting the job.

at the end, i would think that it would also be good to ask for your interviewer's business card or something of that sort. following the interview, it might be a good idea to send your interviewer a thank you note saying that you appreciate them taking the time to interview you and that you look forward to their response.

these are just a few things i learned. i hope anyone that reads this can at least take a few things out of my advice. good luck.