Work and Hyperhidrosis

Fruit

Hello everyone,

For a few years now I am wearing gloves to deal with my hyperhidrosis. I did a few jobs where my boss wouldn't mind me wearing the gloves. But another job that i really wanted didn't accept me wearing the gloves. I am bit lost. I don't know what kind of job would be best for me. I did a schooling in tourism, but right now it is not a good time to find a job in tourism because of the pandemic. I am thinking about learning something new, but i have no clue what.

I am curious about what your experiences are in finding the right job when having HH. Did HH affect you in finding the right career path? Did you ever have a job that worked out very well with HH? How do you deal with HH at work?

I would love to hear from you:)

g35

Not sure still active here since it's been two years but yeah I have face and hand hypothesis, the face part got worse as I age, currently 36. The hand part I found a way to effectively control it but it's a bit annoying. I combine iontophoresis two/three times a week and use drysol every night. Works quite well for me I barely sweat on my hands. For face I take beta blockers before I go into a meeting.

I actually wanted to face my fears in my career so I actually went from being a big 4 auditor to bring a finance executive search headhunter. As you can see it's heavy on client meetings so I wanted to see how far I can push myself and not give up. Been doing this for 10 years now and counting