Will NHS pay for iontophoresis machine?

sweatervest

Hello everyone,

I was wondering if anyone who lived in the United Kingdom knew whether or not the NHS will pay for your iontophoresis machine. I know that the NHS will pay for iontophoresis treatments at a hospital but will they pay for one for you to use at home? I know that iontophoresis works for me, but recently my iontophoresis machine broke. Any help would be much appreciated!

Sweater

Newguy

No they do not pay for your machine because it is not bought from NHS. It's a third party like STD Pharmaceuticals who sell you the machine. I purchased one from them before not that long ago, it cost me a fortune but it didn't work :(. It is really in mint condition as I have used it for only about 18 uses and no problems with the machine itself. I am going to sell my machine which is the idrostar costs £335.00 without VAT. I will post it on a thread soon as I can see it doesn't work for me. Right now it is useless to me just lying around and the success rate of the treatment is 80-90% but unfortunately I was not one of them.

I found that pills work better with me than the machine so this is another reason I have decided to sell the machine.

Last edited: