wierd sensation on my head and cheeks/ numbness?

jessica41481

today i was begining to feel like my normal self. then i started to get this wierd pressure sensation in my head. and like wierd numbness. now are these like sides affects after having your first panic attack? like is this all part of what happens to a person. i almost feel like once you have a panic attack you are never the same again. i almost feel like i was going to be brain dead. i looked into the mirror and got really freaked out, so i had to go on my laptop and just think about something else. now im on this forum lol

anyway, if anyone can share with me with they go through daily, or if they know what side effects a panic attack can have on a person, even if its a week later. please do!

i guess i see now why some people end up having phobia's or are paranoid about their health. im at the point where i want to get a full physical. even check my head.

the top of my head feels sort of like it one had a sunburn. that certain presure you get on your skin when you have a sunburn that is healing! what kind of crap is this? lol

crazychick06

YES, yes and yes! I have felt the pressure in head/ head rush feeling several diff times during a panic attack... scares the crap outta me but I have had a CT and nothing is wrong with my head apparently. but it still worries me when it happens. I almost feel like my head is so tight its gona explode and that I might pass out

T87

I've been having the same symptoms for the past two weeks. Almost every day ... all day. I'm about to go to the ER tomorrow. This is worse than having a panic attack.

Sjoseph

I've always found that it's a good idea to talk to your doctor if you're concerned about something... you should definitely talk to your doctor about the symptoms you're experiencing.

In your message, you said: "i almost feel like once you have a panic attack you are never the same again."

In my own personal experience, I've found that I'm actually better off now that I had panic attacks... might sound strange, but it's true. I've been panic attack free for years now, and really have had to learn some life skills that I might not have had to if I didn't have any panic attacks (for instance: relaxation, coping with stress, learning how to cope with anxiety, and learning how to be much more effective with things like time management).

For me, seeing my doctor and receiving treatment, as well as counseling, worked wonders. Then, learning as much as I could about panic attacks and how to cope with them effectively helped more, until panic attacks became something that I no longer feared. The funny thing is, as soon as I no longer feared them, they were much less intense, and much less frequent. In time, they became a thing of the past.

P

PanicAllDay

The numbness is when you are hyperventalating and your blood is getting too saturated!! just breathe SLOWLy