Who uses alot of deodorant

MMCFLY

Ok this might sound silly but hear me out. I'm trying to look back 10 years ago to figure out what made me start sweating. Got Facial HH, not super bad, but bad enough to annoy me during ceremonies and parties like weddings, apart from that, its all good inlcuding dinners, clubbing, etc.

Anyways, I've narrowed it down to three issues (that if it is due to an issue and not just got to an age where my body thought yep im gonna start sweating, by the way, no one in my family does!!)

First one is I started using a minoxidil based topical and oral treatment for hair loss. Minoxidil is the old pressure pill and it relaxes the micro veins in order to deliver more blood. The fact I sweat from scalp and forehead tells me that this may be an issue. My brother uses it too but he doesnt hve any issues. only time he sweats is when he dances alot and thats normal. he is less anxious than me and doesnt worry much about it and maybe that is his secret.

Second one a nose operation to fix a crooked septum which may caused something in my smell sensors or hit the nerves behind the nasal passages which may have an effect. (smeels from green Extra chewing gum and Joop! perfume makes me sweat like mad!!)

Third and this is the one I want to ask you, do any people here who suffer from facial HH or any other kind (especially feet and hands) use alot of deodorant?. Do u start spraying like crazy just cause u think u will sweat and smell? Can you recall when you started using deodorants and anti-perspirants? what if thee sweat is basically CS due to rest of body pores. I do know of natural treatments which says that you should stop using sprays. I know it is alcohol and fragrance and that should not cause any pore blockage but what if it does after a few yrs of use.

What i decided to do since last week is to stop spraying deodorant on my body and just my arm pits. Today i decided to completely stop (dont worry i dont smell hehe) and see how it goes.

Looking forward to ur comments

tiny83

Hi,
Not sure about the Minoxidill but I guess with any type of meds sweating could be a side effect for some people.

As far as using deo/anti-persp, I have always used a strong solid and never stopped the wetness (smell has always been controlled). No sprays and I've only tried it on my hands (besides the usual underarms). I have also tried Drysol and Certain-Dri on underarms and hands. They would improve the wetness when I used them on occasion but were very irritating to the skin and didn't work at all on hands.

You are right, deo and the stronger stuff (Drysol, etc.) blocks the places the sweat comes from, I guess like puts a coating there to hold the 'water' in. People like us with HH have so much wetness that it penetrates the layer the anti-persp puts there. Not sure if theres CS with that. Maybe that varies person to person.

I don't think you are supposed to just spray all over the place, I think you are right to stop doing that. Agree to find where your HH places are and focus on those, or the worst ones.

I sweat like a 'normal' person in some places but I knew for a long time for sure that my underarms and hands have something worse. And maybe there are other places but I don't notice or it doesn't bother me. I just take it as my body has some faulty wiring someplace and that's how it is and I treat as necessary...I'm just like you - can go out, be social (just embarrassed or nervous about the sweating part then after introductions if they involved hand-shaking, focus on getting over it for that time til next time).

Good luck in finding the root of it and a helpful treatment!

(In my case the Botox is helpful so far, that was the treatment I decided on for now).

MMCFLY

Thanks of the input. I was referring more to the off-the shelf everyday use deodorant and not anti-perspirant. There is a diff between the two. Deodorants (such as Lynx, Addidas, etc) are basically alcohol with a smell!! a diluted perfume so to speak. Its usually all over the body spray can and dont have any alum based chemicals which block the sweat. however im justthinkin if continued use can cause the body to stop sweating in those areas and push it towards places where u dont apply it.

BiGz

Funny you say that as I used to use lynx in year 7 before I had HH, but I highly doubt its related as my cousin has HH so I'm guessing mines hereditary.

bigchris

I used Lynx before I got it, but if that theory is right, wouldn't everyone in the world (that uses deodorants) have HH?

MMCFLY

Not really, people who are not suceptible to HH may not get affected. It is a bit like hereditary hair loss. If it is not in your genes then u can abuse the crap out of ur hair and still have a full head (smoke, drink, etc etc ) but if u are going to lose hair then all these factors cause an acceleration. Maybe ours is a just a reaction to the perfume.

I have stopped using deodorants completely for the past few days but i dont want to comment yet. I'll give it a couple of weeks before i say anything.

Meanwhile, do please have a read of a new post which I will put up shortly detailing my "test drive" of NeatFeat Face Saver. The company also makes products for other parts of the body including hands.