which treatment havee u tried

redlady

I've tried 3 different types of medication to no avail.

I have also had therapy in the past that did nothing for me. Those therapists just concentrated on dealing with my phobia - they made no attempt to help me from the inside out so to speak - what i mean by that is that they didn't attempt to find out why i am like this, what caused it - and then reslove those issues. Basically it was a treat the symptom not the cause approach - which is stupid in my opinion.
My current therapist is doing the opposite - she is treating the 'disease' - we are in the early stages now but i feel that i will make a lot of progress with her. Already she has opened my eyes up to things that i never would have discovered on my own - thank goodness i met her.

mara

I would like to ask redlady, if she could be more specific, when she said that her new therapist had opened her eyes to things that she would never have discovered on her own.

young

a lot of doctors are not really trained in dealing with anxiety, and sa. A lot are trained properly either. Though no matter how trained your doctor is, they can't help fix what you don't tell them. When I went to one doctor. I think it was a phsycologist. All he wanted to do was to keep giving me pills. Instead of trying to figure out any underlying issue.

I've tried 4 or 5 different meds, and some therapy. I'm still trying to find soemthing that works. It's frustrating at time. I've wanted to quit many times. But somehow i keep trucking along.

Dovir

young said:
a lot of doctors are not really trained in dealing with anxiety, and sa. A lot are trained properly either. Though no matter how trained your doctor is, they can't help fix what you don't tell them. When I went to one doctor. I think it was a phsycologist. All he wanted to do was to keep giving me pills. Instead of trying to figure out any underlying issue.

I've tried 4 or 5 different meds, and some therapy. I'm still trying to find soemthing that works. It's frustrating at time. I've wanted to quit many times. But somehow i keep trucking along.

Thats about the same thing is happening to me, all my doctor wants is to give me pills :( . My dads driver has to drive about 75 miles to the doctor every 3 months or so and my dad explains what happends etc, and the doctor really doesnt say anything to help me, sometimes he does though. Then he says stuff about refills. I dont really see it helping me, but it helps with nerves for a bit, it gives me this drowsyness feeling. (called: Buspirone...)

Anyways I think pills will help you some, but the person who is taking them (especially with sa) has to do something too, but if that person doesnt then it wont help them much.

young

Dovir said:
Thats about the same thing is happening to me, all my doctor wants is to give me pills :( . My dads driver has to drive about 75 miles to the doctor every 3 months or so and my dad explains what happends etc, and the doctor really doesnt say anything to help me, sometimes he does though. Then he says stuff about refills. I dont really see it helping me, but it helps with nerves for a bit, it gives me this drowsyness feeling. (called: Buspirone...)

A lot of people put a lot of stress on pills being the only cure. They are to help you. They shouldn't be your only means of a cure. So to speak. They should be used in conjunction. Your doctor may or may not fully understand your problem. I've actually switched doctors. I think my first doctor was a quack. That didn't really understand the situation. I personally don't want to be on pills forever. Right now I'm not on any pill. Besides birth control. And that's just a given. ;) I want to be able to do it on my own. Not need extra help. Unless it's 100 percent needed. If I need an extra hand. Then so be it. But i don't want to rely on anything but my self and my God.

Tho i'm not saying that an extra hand isn't appreciated. I just don't want it permanantly.