which is the best medication?

Kezada

which 1 is the most effective? i got a mate thats on sertraline 4 his sp/ocd, its 1 of them ssri fings. im on sum atenolol shit, it stops ya heart racin in social situations, but i still blush and shake in intense situations. i need 2 no the best 1 2 stop the blushin and shakin, i dont fing the bad throughts will go tho, finkin ppl r eyeballin me n shit.

kezada

Crimefish

There's no single best medication. What works for someone else might not work for you, and vice versa. Just keep trying different meds, dosages and combinations until you either give up or find the right one for you.

thugaveli

I also take atenolol 100mg a day and in social situations or when i panic it really slows my breathing down, soon as adrenalin starts kickin in thats when my atenolol appears to work

The first week or so i could not blush on atenolol, i went over embarrasing things with my mother to make me blush and i couldn't but after about a week my blushing came back, like my body had learnt how to bypass my medication it always happens

To be honest i wouldn't go back on SSRI's id rather stick with beta blockers because seroxat used to make me shake and various other SSRI's

Kezada

ye fing is, i dont get panic attacks. i want 2 delete the thoughts of "people r starin at me" and the feelin hot and shakin wen do presentations.

fanx 4 replys ppl

kezada

IcanDoIt

as its been already said..

the solution is simple, implementation is hard..

it is because the mind is wired up to say that people are staring at u whenver u see people..

u can actually change that..

by changing your subconsious mind..

its like when u feel like pooing, you will automatically go to the loo..same concept here..

and btw, there is no drug that could change that,,

elparanoic

I have taken paroxetine 7 months and my anxiety is 0 but libido too, jejj.Now I am taking escitalopram 15 mg ;the effectivity is the same that paroxetine more or less except can't slep.

Kezada

whats "libido too, jejj"? and "0 anxiety!" thats crazy! i'll try and get paroxetine then. i have trouble sleeping anyway so...

Kezada

Kezada

thats long tho, how long did it take you to go thru all 20? im guessing thats not all the meds avaible to treat sp either.

Kezada

Kezada

were should i start then? im on atenolol at the mo, its a beta blocker. been on it for about 3 months i think. it kinda works but just slows down my heart beat, i need something for the anxiety! and depression if thats possible, like a 2 in 1 sort of thing. i know some one whos on sertraline for sp, should i start there or what?

Kezada

Kezada

rah ye i'll do all that now, fanx! i mean THanks. Oh shit! eminem canceled the tour! i was planing on going to the mk one on the 10th. shit dam! weres my depression meds at? lol
oh ye anyway, thanks for the advise :eek:

Kezada