What's your experience with activated Charcoal?

This afternoon I was making a grilled cheese and ended up burning the last 2 pieces of bread.(FAIL!) Anyway, I was pretty hungry and ended up eating my burnt grilled cheese sandwich. I found that an hour or so later my hands and feet stopped sweating. Not too sure if the reaction was associated with the burntness of the toast but I sought google to see if charred foods was used for curing/mitigating hyperhidrosis.

To my surprise I found a number of websites claiming that "activated charcoal" (although not quite burnt toast) was used to mitigate hyperhidrosis.

So I'd just like to know if anyone has ever used this stuff and what has been the result for you?

Thanks all.

chloe909

i've never really heard about this. sounds interesting, but.. i also know that burnt charcoal is considered a carcinogen. which when ingesting too much of it can lead to cancer. that's why we have tendency to scrape that burnt part off the bread (when it's gone real black).

btw did they say activated charcoal was supposed to be ingested or topically applied?

wannabedry

they definitely say on several sites that you can ingest activated charcoal tablets ,empty stomach i believe 3 tabs a day and supposedly it significantly lowers sweating. sounded crazy to me at first too! but hey im desperate!! im really sick of anticholinergics which dont work when you eat or when its hot anyway. now im also considering a few other things including liquid chloropyll , liquid sage, and possibly apple cider vinegar, and magnesium citrate. I know its a lot all at once but i plan to try a combo. all these things have various postings on some sites from people saying they worked. im not sure if any of these people had it as bad as me but im willing to try this. anyone here try these yet??