What's Wrong With Me?

You see, i was taking a summer college course and there was this girl I was usually paired up with. She was really nice to me so,on the last day i asked for her number. she looked at me akwardly and said "I have a boyfriend." and the thing is I knew but, I wasn't going to hit on her or anything. Then, however she reluctantly gave me the number. But, I threw it out, because I didn't feel right. Was I being ecentric or did I do the right thing? And is there some way in which you should ask for a number or is it just the fact she had a B.F. ?

Foxface

You see, i was taking a summer college course and there was this girl I was usually paired up with. She was really nice to me so,on the last day i asked for her number. she looked at me akwardly and said "I have a boyfriend." and the thing is I knew but, I wasn't going to hit on her or anything. Then, however she reluctantly gave me the number. But, I threw it out, because I didn't feel right. Was I being ecentric or did I do the right thing? And is there some way in which you should ask for a number or is it just the fact she had a B.F. ?

Everyone is different. You did nothing wrong, she just misread you. It was her problem, not yours.

I think, it's OK, to ask someone their number if you know them well enough and you are close enough to be friends. But today, people are so different, so it's hard to know.

coyote

she may very well have really liked you - people very often like more than one person at a time

as long as you were study partners, things were cool

but when you asked for her number, it became awkward for her, because she's seeing someone else - not because she doesn't like you, but because she DOES, but she feels like she can't get too interested because of the existing relationship - that's the awkward part

i'm sure she feels as bad about it as you do