What's the best treatment for Social Phobia?

txguitar68

I'm reading about all these medications and herbs. I'm seeing stuff about cognitive therapy. I took meds like Lexapro and Zoloft in the past without much success. I have to take some steps to change my life, but don't want to hit another dead end.

kyle

Banned
txguitar68 said:
I'm reading about all these medications and herbs. I'm seeing stuff about cognitive therapy. I took meds like Lexapro and Zoloft in the past without much success. I have to take some steps to change my life, but don't want to hit another dead end.

Try Nardil. It's the best drug evere invented. The pharmaceutical companies don't want people to know how well it works, because they make more money off you if they prescribe one of the new drugs like Paxil. Get your doctor to give you a prescription.

ooSOULCRYoo

Hey Kyle~ what are the side effects of Nardil. the only med I've tried is Zoloft. Although it helps a little with my depression ,I feel lethargic and zoned out. Due to years of drug abuse, I now feel numb and dead inside. Nothing excites me anymore and I feel like a zombie. Does Nardil give you energy?

ooSOULCRYoo

Recommendations for meds that give you energy and a kick in the butt to start your day? Its not so bad when I'm outside actually doing something but it's so hard for me to get myself out the door.

kyle

Banned
ooSOULCRYoo said:
Hey Kyle~ what are the side effects of Nardil. the only med I've tried is Zoloft. Although it helps a little with my depression ,I feel lethargic and zoned out. Due to years of drug abuse, I now feel numb and dead inside. Nothing excites me anymore and I feel like a zombie. Does Nardil give you energy?

I know the feeling. I tried Zoloft in the mid 90's, and that's the main reason I stopped taking it, as I felt like a zombie.

Nardil gives me a sense of well-being, and it doesn't make you feel zoned out like the SSRI's. You should be careful though, if you have had drug problems as Nardil interacts with tons of drugs. Taking too much beer will give you a headache. Taking coke or meth will send you to the emergency room of the hospital with a life-threatening bood pressure rise.

Marijuana is fine, and hard liquor is too. Not sure about E. Mushrooms were ok for me. Wine gives you a really bad headache

Side Effects of Nardil: (In My Experience)

-light headedness when you rise from bed or sitting down (feel like fainting)
-sexual side-effects (hard to ejaculate, but thiis decreases over time)
-drowsiness, especially after taking drug
-you could have difficulties if you lift heavy weights, as it makes you light headed
-possible water retention (your wrists sometimes feel numb)

txguitar68

Went to the doctor on Friday. He seems to think I am bi-polar. I don't know that I agree with that. He put me on lithium and lexapro.

Is there a special diet you have to be on with the Nardil?

rado31

txguitar68 said:
Went to the doctor on Friday. He seems to think I am bi-polar. I don't know that I agree with that. He put me on lithium and lexapro.

Is there a special diet you have to be on with the Nardil?

how can you persuade your doc to prescribe you the med you want? Especially when you are SP.

I m curious what did he say to you when you should take lithium?