What to do?

Lance

Where do i start? Well, i have what i know is social anxiety disorder and have had it since i believe in high school. Im now 20. Ive always been very shy, but at the same time popular, if that makes any sense. In high school I worked out all the time and played sports. I still do. Everyone knew me as the quiet kid, but i was always hanging out with the "in" crowd. I even managed to get a lot of girlfriends. I dont know what my deal is? I mean I have no reason to be shy, but i never know what to say, and if i say something i think it sounds stupid. I get real nervous just going to the store, especially if i run into someone I know. Anyways, I still have lots of good friends, they are all amazing. I also party a lot, just on the weekends though. When im drinking and get a buzz at a party, i am a very social person. Everyone loves me. Im funny, loud, crazy, random, just fun to be around. But when im sober, im the exact opposite. I think my SAD reached an all time high when my fiancee broke up with me 5 months ago. She was perfect, beautiful enough to be a model, and she treated me well. I took her for granted and didnt treat her the way she deserved to be treated and she broke up with me and Ive been a mess ever since. I also want to be a firefighter more then anything, but i know i cant until i get my anxiety under control. I still havent told my parents or friends becuz im ashamed. Sorry this is so long, if anyone takes time to read this please give me some advice what to do. Thank you.

corrinaelizabeth

im sorry to hear that uve had a rough 5 months,is there no way u can make it up 2 ur ex?theres no reason 2 b embarrassed,if u find it hard telling ppl y not print what sp is off the net?
i think u wud benefit from going to the docs and asking for help,it sounds as if u r depressed also,good luck hope things turn out ok 4 u

Lance

Thanks a lot. No there's no way to make it up. I havent talked to her in months because I've never been one to be needy. Anyway she found another guy that made her happy. I guess I'm just going through the whole "im in denial mode, I just dont give a fuck" kind of thing. Thanks for the advice though. I just feel like the only people that can understand what im going through are the people on this web site, because they've experienced it first hand.