What realy is Hyperhidrosis ?

surfsider

So according to online websites and other sources hyperhidrosis is defined as more sweat than needed to cool the body. The cause is said to be an overactive sympatetic nervous system. Maybe it could be that people with HH are just more emotional and sensitive or are even more evolved who really knows?

How do you tell how severe your HH is?

If i never sweat when it's cold or when the Air conditioning is one does this mean I don't have HH??? Do you guys sweat when it's cold?

I only sweat in moderate temperatures just above room temperature like 74 or 75 and it's not a constant thing. It mainly involves my fingertips and I just start thinking about them sweating, it's so hard to get my mind off of it.

Also why does HH only seem to effect teenagers and ppl in there 20's? i don't here of anyone who's like 50 complaining of this. I've heard some people say it's only HH when sweat starts to drip from the body or hands which never happens to me.

I'm sick of thinking that i have some disease when really it's just a lil more sweat in a certain area. My feet are somewhat worse than my hands because they're harder to treat.

Is this a progressive thing that gets worse with age?

bigchris

I'm quite a sensitive and emotional person, so I guess that could link in with what you said. At home I never seem to sweat, only when I go out I begin to sweat. I've never dripped, years ago when I first got it I could feel my arm pits dripping, but my hand has always been clammy, never dripped. In Spain around 37+ degrees celsius I was topless playing football and my back was dripping.

Also, a guy I know sweated a lot through his teenage years and was really self consious, he's around 30 now and is fine, his just got better the older he got.

teandtoast

So according to online websites and other sources hyperhidrosis is defined as more sweat than needed to cool the body. The cause is said to be an overactive sympatetic nervous system. Maybe it could be that people with HH are just more emotional and sensitive or are even more evolved who really knows?

If i never sweat when it's cold or when the Air conditioning is one does this mean I don't have HH??? Do you guys sweat when it's cold?

I only sweat in moderate temperatures just above room temperature like 74 or 75 and it's not a constant thing. It mainly involves my fingertips and I just start thinking about them sweating, it's so hard to get my mind off of it.

Also why does HH only seem to effect teenagers and ppl in there 20's? i don't here of anyone who's like 50 complaining of this. I've heard some people say it's only HH when sweat starts to drip from the body or hands which never happens to me.

I'm sick of thinking that i have some disease when really it's just a lil more sweat in a certain area. My feet are somewhat worse than my hands because they're harder to treat.

I dont think if you are more emotional or sensitive has anything to do with HH

Yep I sweat even when it's winter (underarm HH) and obviously when it's hot makes it alot worse
you not sweating when it's cold does sound like your HH isnt very bad or even if you have HH

Ive heard of people older who suffer from HH still who post on the forums...It seems to be more young people who post on these forums though thats all I think
what you say about it's only HH when it drips from you is rubbish tbh...I rarely get sweat patches on my underarms but my armpits are almost constantly wet and sticky from sweat

I dont think HH gets worse with age I think it gets better if anything... you find methods which make the sweating less worse and you learn to cope with it better

Sure_whynot

lol, if your sick of thinking that... then stop thinking it!

Your only a victim if you make yourself one.

Plus... from your explanation... I take it that your HH is only mild?

Yes, I sweat when its SNOWING outside. (it doesn't snow much in Florida... haha but you get my point.) Its not the temperature that makes me sweat... its something wrong with me that makes me sweat.

& I am an overly emotional/sensitive guy... but thats a pretty vague question. Who isn't destressed over having HH? =/ hah

Life could be worse... you have my HH. haha I drip from my armpits, feet (sometimes), and hands (sometimes).

Also... I always sweat while im at home... Idk why none of you guys do. haha
Its even quite opposite... if im around good friends in comfortable situations, sometimes i dont sweat at all. ( from my armpits at least)

I like your ideas though, its thinkers like you who will end up curing this curse.

keep your chin up. =] Tomorrows a new day.

Last edited: