What medication has helped you?

rosebud

I don't want to be stuck like this forever, so I want to try medication for social phobia and panic attacks.

Sponsor

Dear rosebud,
One of the methods, as an additional help, is
THIS one. Try to look something there. I'm sure it will help!

gsh7676

biotech56 said:
Try effexor. Its supposed to be one of the best when treating social phobia.

Been there done that. From day one I was tense and kept to myself. Plenty of energy due to the norepinephrine and constantly avoidant around others.

Taken paxil and paxil cr too. NO good..constantly drowsy/sleepy with weight gain which any which any ssri and ssnri will do after a period of time.

Wellbutrin XL (name brand only) which inhibits norepinephrine and dopamine works the best in my case. Energy, confidence and no side effects to speak of. This is a great starting point if not a fix in most cases where depression,anxiety,ocd and even ADD lies.

villacjs

I've taken Lexapro and Effexor. Both are somewhat effective for social phobia. I was on 20mg of Lexapro and found that it didn't quite control my depression and I needed something stronger - Effexor. I have been up to 300mg on Effexor and although it is brilliant for depression my social phobia is not gone.

The bottom line is everyone is different so a drug might work for person A but not person B. The three drugs approved for social phobia are Effexor, Zoloft and Paxil. You might have to go and try all three, as some people do, to find the best one. Also think about using benzos eg Valium and Xanax they are well worth going on IMO.

DannieCleo

for those of you on medication for SA/AvPD - did you get it from your doctor/councellor or order it online without a presription?