what has worked for you to help relieve SF?

cichlid

I know there is no magic pill,or no pure thought that will cure me overnight,but what has helped you?

nothing has really helped me..im used to it now cause i had it for so long,its just another bump on the road..in the end this condition will make me a stronger person..cause i suffered so much,its like im ready for anything..u know?so just try to accept it for what it is and move forward find out what is the best solution for you..

sengd001

If you can't afford therapy you can go through your local hmo, like a kaiser or blue shield. my sessions run for $5 everytime i go, and both of my meds (prozac and anti anxiety pills) cost $10 total. they last me over 2 months for both.
hmos aren't as bad as many make them out to be. and you have the option of going every week for the group therapy sessions. i have a cognitive therapy group i go to for young adults 18-25 yrs old who are learning how to adjust to adulthood, and facing the real world.
If you still can't afford it, look online for sa support groups in your area, or if not post an ad on this site to set one up, i know its hard, but making friends will def. help you out. they probably do much of the same role playing techniques that cognitive therapy groups do also. best of luck.

if you have more questions, leave me a message. :)

cichlid

this is for youngdrunkbastard.Have you ever heard someone say that they are taking prozac & other anxiety medication and that they are 85% cured before?i've had SF for about 10 years and have always though of being cured as being off of medication and not having any more attacks.Maybe the guy is onto something though about the group therapy.Have you tryed that before?