What a relief! letting my parents know.

Didn't know where to post this but I'm in a good mood so...
Wow. I'm proud of myself. After a few years of having a binge eating disorder, and a year after realising what it is, and after months of realising I had social anxiety all this time I finally plucked up the courage to tell my parents. They knew something was wrong through my self destruction and state of my room and urged me to tell them. I wanted to, I always want to, I'd hope a situation would arise where I could blurt it all out. After building myself up for like half an hour and getting really panicky and shaky with my mum sat next to me I finally told her, and you know what she was really supportive, and my dad. I don't know why I didn't tell them earlier I thought they'd be ashamed or something, but getting it all out, wow it's such a relief. I feel like my parents can start to understand me know, and I don't need to hide issues from them anymore. Even my dad said he used to 'crave doughnuts and want more and more, eating the whole box and feeling really guilty'. They want to help me and mum even suggested coming to the doctor with me to ask what to do. (I feel kind of worried about this though because when I intially went to see him some time ago I told him I thought a reason for the binge eating was because of my parents - we used to argue alot... I think these arguments were because of my mood swings and differences between us though, my dad has changed since then, he has a much calmer temper - this still makes me feel guilty for having it on my paitient record!). Now I don't need to feel anxious about having anxiety around my parents, it's such a weight off my shoulder. I actually feel so good about it. Tomorrow I'm going to tackle my room because it's such a state and start a fresh with a positive state of mind. I can do this. I'm going to make progress, it doesn't happen instantly but heck I've already shown I can keep motivated, I can put myself into new social situations, I can speak to new people, I can start conversations, I can lead conversations, I don't need to binge, infact I like healthy foods, I can exercise, I can stay focused and even energetic, my grades don't need to fall because I know when I put my mind to it I am an intelligent person, I am not as fat as I think, people have told me I'm beautiful so take these compliments to heart, trust in them, let your inner personality shine, because I like my true personality: I'm kind, I can be crazy, I can make people laugh, I'm a good listener and know not to judge people, I can show empathy, I can smile, I'm a good person so let the world know! :).