went to the stealership today

Sikwitit

So i went to the dealership today i wanted to trade in my car an get a 2008 silverado 1500 truck. Well to my surprise they approved me my credit isnt horrible but its not perfect either.

Anyway i thought i got a good deal turns out i didnt $553 a month plus insurance quote from progresive of $217 a month an $500 down since im only 23 = $773 a month. Which i can pay but leaves me no spending money.

I felt pushed by these guys like they were giving me a good deal but they wernt they just kepd pushing me even when i said no i had to tell the guy like 4 times i dont want an extra warranty on my car i even got it down to 564 with the extra insurance but i stood my ground an said no!!!

Anyway i told my sis the good new's an she basically said i was getting ripd :( i really want that truck i know i can afford it. I havent taken delivery on it i did sign my life away an i still need to give $500 down an get insurance, since what i have is not in my name.

I can still back out though right? i havent gotten the keys or givin proof of insurance or given $500 down.

What do you guys think heres what i make a month $1900

$1900 monthly after taxes
-773 Truck+insurance
--------
1127 total after truck insurance

-60 cell phone
120 gas for second job
--------------
$947 after phone an gas

-250 for my half of rent 500 if roomate doesnt come through
113$ cable+internet
175 light bill
----------------------
that leaves 409$ food,gas, and any other expenses

I guess my problem is that im good with money but my roomate is not, an every month i get an excuse as to why their part of the rent an light bill cant be paid. This fool got a brand new car an could barely pay his half of the light an rent. wtf?

They can't give away trucks, so why are you trying to pay top dollar? A car / truck payment + insurance shouldn't be more than $500 / month. By the way I've had Silverados before and now I drive a 2006 Tundra. I bought it with no money down, sign & drive, Toyota had a $4,000 rebate which I used as the down payment, $16500 out the door. I pay $333 / month plus about $100 / month for insurance. My truck is more or less just a work truck, regular cab, long bed, rubber flooring. But it does have a 280hp V8 and a sweet sounding CD system. My advice, don't buy an American truck, buy a Tacoma instead, which in my area has a $2500 cash rebate you can use as part of the down payment.