Went out yesterday

Hello all,
I'm new here. I went to the diabetes doctor with my husband yesterday. It was definitely out of my comfort range. At first it felt like way too much and I wanted to ask him to take me home. :eek: I don't do the highway and there was way too many cars coming way too fast. In the doctors office my heart was racing and my first thoughts were "this is too much for me" I thought about taking Ativan. I have been given those for panic attacks. I did some breathing exercises and then studies the colors on a painting in the waiting room. After my husband saw the doctor I felt much better! I did it without taking my Ativan! I really don't like to take the Ativan. The way home did not look so scarey. Just a few short weeks ago I was driving. I gave myself positive thoughts and told myself if I needed to drive home I'd be okay. I didn't have to drive but having a positive attitude and telling myself positive things made my whole perspective change. Anyways sorry this got so long, I just wanted to share.