Weight and Anxiety....

Im really worried about my weight.....
Im underweight and although my blood work is perfect and every organ in my body i could check is fine , im stressed out about it .....
I think that people stare at me because im underweight , i start panicking that its unhealthy and something is going to happen to my heart or whatever .....
Sometimes ill be so anxious that i get nauseated ......so i freak out that i cant eat and im going to loose more weight .....
Since ive got anxiety i lost about 10 pounds ( and i was skinny before) and i cant gain it back....
Some doctors i see tell me its unhealthy , scare me with anorexia and bullimia....Other doctors say- dont listen to anybody ,you're fine ,just enjoy it ......
But i cant enjoy it .....i dont like being this way .....and i dont want to put myself at risk .....
I dont know what to do and i dont know if i should be worried about it ...
:( :cry:

workingonit

Are you naturally "petite"? I am really skinny, and since getting anxiety i had lost about 15 pounds over the period of time. I found out what the problem was, that it was anxiety....and started eating healthy. When I was having really bad anxiety I was so nervous I could barely eat, and my stomach would hurt terribly if i did eat. You should try to get your anxiety down, so that you can gain the weight that you've lost back. I've gained back my 15 pounds and have gotten my anxiety way better. Not eating good enough makes you even more nervous...I found that out the hard way. I couldn't deal with any stress and felt weak. Just think of it this way, if you don't eat good enough its gonna make you more nervous and stressed out. Now I make sure to eat every 2 hours or so...don't eat fast...just relax and enjoy. You'll gain that weight back in no time. : )

workingonit
Yes im naturally skinny ....but i never had a problem gaining weight ....if i would eat pizza , ice cream and other junk for a month i would gain 5-10 pounds.....but the heviest i ever was -was 97 pounds.....
I definately need to calm down ...because anxiety makes me nauseated .....but i still eat .....i force myself to eat ... :(
I also drink protein shakes from time to time ....
But i also dont do anything ,just sit at home all day....maybe thats the problem......i think i need to start working out just a little bit ......walking or something light :roll:

workingonit

The same thing with me...if i eat tons of junk food for a long time ill gain weight....not alot but a lil. If you eat allllll of that junk food make sure to eat other good stuff with it, likeeeee a healthy salad and some fruit. This way you can balance everything out so your not feeling so from all that junk food....cuz sometimes when i eat just alllllll junk i feel sick to my stomach. It sounds like you dont need to try to get up to 110 pounds, because the highest you've been is 97 and your naturally skinny, so just keep forcing yourself to eat. Thats what I had to do. You don't need to worry about what other people are thinking of your weight, because thats just gonna make you paranoid. I kept on worrying about what if other people were thinking that i had an eating disorder when i had lost alot of weight, and then someone told me, who cares what those other people are thinking?! Your trying to gain weight and you know that you don't have an eating disorder, so what does that matter? Worrying about it is just going to make you feel more self concious, scared, and not eat as much. You should take this advice that someone gave me...it really works, because you can't change everyones thoughts about you. Lets say someone looks at me and thinks..that persons rly skinny. That person only thought of you for a split second and then they go on with whatever is going on in there life. Just focus on what you need to do....stay relaxed....and eat and enjoy food.

r0ck0ut04

Im naturally skinny too, from stress and anxiety I lost about 25 lbs last winter and didnt look to good. I finally gained it back but I still feel like I look to skinny.

ImSoTired

My weight worries and issues invade my head every single day, every single minute. It's part of my anxiety... I've dealt with anorexia and bulimia in the past and stopped. And of course all that weight comes back and I'm almost considering going back to my old habits because I can't stand looking at myself and I can't just be happy. I'm afraid people will notice and make rude comments. I'm tired of having to obsessed each night about what I will wear the next day so I can camoflauge myself and look decent. If I'm with my boyfriend, I'm always thinking about my weight and whether he would rather be with a toned thinner girl and would he rather be with my old self that weighed 25-30 pounds less. I cry about it because I feel less attractive... I'm compulsive with my thoughts. I feel looks is all I can offer (not that I think I'm really gorgeous, but I think people focus on looks more) because I seem to lack an interesting personality.

Even when I was thinner, I had high anxiety...but I did like myself a little more and I was more comfortable wearing better fitting clothing.

It's funny....I've considered myself a "foodie", but it ironic that something which I love so much can also be my enemy. Alright..I don't know if I'm off topic now....

Scottish_Player

There are 3 body types and one is "Ectomorph" and this sounds like you, this will give you a good start on how to gain weight by googling it, Ectomorph's are naturaly skinny people and as you know gaining weight is hard, i too am the same but have come to accept it.

For people with this body type the only real way to put on weight seems to be body building or weight lifting and eating more.

Famouse Ectomorph's include Brad Pitt and Edward Norton, they are both naturaly skinny people but have built there self up to what they have become :)

Hoosier

Regardless of what "size" you are, you need to talk to a nutritionist. Someone who can help you plan out your meals through the day and help you choose what foods are going to be the best for your body and for what you are trying to achieve. Eating the right amount, and the right kinds of food is going to be what helps you reach your healthy goal.

I only bring this up because I used to be a lightweight from the time I was probably 15 until shortly after my 35th birthday. I tried lifting weights and buying the bulk-up powders at places like GNC or whatever the gym had "on special". I also had some bad habits too (smoking curbs the desire to eat). I got frustrated b/c I couldn't Gain weight and ever diet plan I had ever seen or heard about was geared towards people who wanted to Lose weight. I was going about everything the wrong way b/c I wanted to "do it on my own". Take the time to seek out assistance.

After countless hours of online and offline research I finally found a plan that worked for me (it also included the idea of lifting weights- which I wanted to do anyway). Within 4 months of eating the right combination of foods and changing my lifestyle, I've managed to put on the 30 pounds that my body needs to be in the correct ratio. It's not fun at first, and it's certainly not easy, but if you put forth the effort and follow your plan to the letter, you'll see the results and be proud of what you have done for yourself.

I don't mean to be tooting my own horn here or anything and I certainly don't mean to offend Anyone in the least bit. I'm simply explaining where my thoughts are coming from and I hope that everyone can learn something from my post.