Vanity

babyblue

Hello :)

I'm Jade age 18 and I'm new here. I was reading loads of the forum stuff and a lot of its very relatable but I can't find much about vanity and being housebound.

Basically I am too vain. My fear is.. looking ugly infront of people, even my best friends have hardly ever seen me without make up. I wont go out without it on. And even if I only have one tiny spot I see it as a huge deal and I cannot go out. I've been like this for about two years and its gotten worse slowly and now I rarely leave the house. I've put on about a stone really quickly and I got stretch marks on my thighs and I feel horrible. People tell me that I'm pretty.. and it doesnt make a difference because its how I feel. I keep thinking of the stretch marks etc...

The thing is I am not really a shallow person.. I think I'm really accepting of other people but when it comes to myself it's completely different. I think a lot but generally I'm a happy person but I'm so frustrated because there are so many things I want to do but I can't do them because I can't go out, I can't make myself. Somedays I can and if I don't feel up to it, NOTHING will make me go out. I'm not even shy, I can tell people all about this but I'm still so vain and I prefer it that way. Boohoo

I've had therapists but it doesnt make a difference I guess Im here cause Id like to talk to people who can accept this/understand. It just seemed to have happened out of the blue and theres no point exactly that I can pinpoint it happening but in big social settings/school I've always been the outsider/outcast. But with people making remarks I used to give as good as I got it didnt bother me, a couple of years ago I was quite confident, I was loud, and my friends said a lot of fun to be around, then I just stopped.. like all of a sudden it all got to me?!? I do not understand that but oh well?

Talk people XxX

Danicha

I know exactly what u mean jade, im totally the same way, i feel like i have to look perfect or i have a hard time leaving the house, or when guys look at me i automatically think its beacause their thinking something negative.. or if they dont look at me then i think i dont look good... stupid i know, so im jus trying not to care so much, avoiding mirrors and stuff, I really dont want to be a vain person.. so i jus thought id let u know your not alone.

babyblue

Thank you both for your replies! I'm so glad to hear there are other people as vain as me lol...
I've not been that bad the last couple days so I hope it stays that way..

x

WhiskeyJack

I dont think this is vanity it all. For me anyway, i just want to look average, just fit in. Its easier for men than women, i know, but still i usually wear jeans and a top and hope not to stand out.

I think vanity is looking in the mirror and admiring yourself......but looking in the mirrow and seeing flaws is something much different.