Valium for public speaking..Any advice??

marmite

Hi,

Ive got a presentation coming up and my doc has offered me valium to get through it..just wondered if anyone had any comments on this or experiences with it?

blankmind

hi!
i was taking valium a couple of years back,it does help a bit,the only downside is that you might forget the majority of it afterwards,but i suppose it could depend on the individuel,that was just my personal experience with it,its pretty short lived.
i don't know if that helps any,but good luck anyway :)

Anonymous

i've just been prescribed diazepam (valium) to help me get through this giant family wedding coming up which i've been fearing for ages!

let's hope it works! 8)

Hope

Tried diazepam (Valium) on 2 family (funeral) occasions during which I had to speak, though not quite doctor-prescribed ;)

I'd strongly recommend you try a mild dose first to test its effect, so you don't get inappropriately giddy in the situation for which you're preparing. While I didn't notice it affected my concentration - if anything it improved it - I noticed a 'hangover' (or undershoot) a few hours later. It's not something I'd want to grow to rely on - only for extreme emergencies.