university taster weekend...help!

coriander1992

Hi guys...
I'm scared ! my mum just black mailed me into going on a University taster weekend that she heard about, where you stay there over the weekend and do loadsa activities. I really don't want to go, like really really don't, but she said she would think about letting me have a horse if I went, which is what i want more than anything else in the world, so i had to say yes. :(
She tried to get me to go and ask how much this thing a shop was today aswell, but i totally refused, managed to get out of that one. I know she is just trying to help me stop being so shy (as she sees it) but I wish she wouldn't, she doesen't understand at all ! :(
I'm really dreading going on this flipping thing now, it's going to ruin my summer i know it. :evil:
*end of ranting* :roll: :lol:

den1

Just go for it I'de say!
Maybe it will be shit and quite a difficult weekend for you, but it's only 2 days and you may never have to see those people again plus you might get your horse at the end of it.

Then again every1 might be really nice people and you really enjoy it, feel good about yourself because you had the bottle to go through with it and you had a really good time.

And again you get a horse out of it.

I have noticed alot of stuff that I dread the most usually turns out alright and I only got to find it was alright by putting myself in that position in the first place.

If you don't have a good time, be proud that you made the effort and it isn't the end of the world.

coriander1992

hmm, suppose your right really...
but I know that the bad stuff will be going through my head the whole time, i'm just like that :roll:
thanks for the encouragement anyway :D

Meee

Like den1 said, it could end up being better than you think. I've had that happen quite often. I hope it goes ok :)

coriander1992

I really hope it does end up being better than I think ! :lol:
I have now got my mum to agree to pick me up after the first day if I can't hack it, so really i would be a complete chicken if i didn't go through with it now... :roll:
thanks for the support guys :D

Thelema

You'll get a horse if you go....Go! :lol: Think of the horse and you may even enjoy it there after you give it a chance.

Good luck :D

coriander1992

it's tommorow :evil: :(
My mum's saying she's not gunna pick me up now :evil: I knew she wouldn't anyway...
I'm seriously thinking of just like running away for the day or something so i miss the bus, I can't do this :cry: i'm so pathetic :evil:
sorry for moaning to you guys again, but your the only ones who'll listen. Thank you all.

den1

Honstly make sure you go through with it!!!!!!!

If it goes wrong you might feel like shit but just do it!!!!

Again let us know how it went!

coriander1992

well...I didn't go.
I just point blank refused and there was nothing my mum could do, sure she threatened to take stuff away and stuff like that though. She made me go up to the bus meet point and tell them myself that I wasn't going, she was really angry with me, still is :lol: :roll:
I can't say i'm not really happy that I didn't go, even if I do regret it eventually...
Thanks for all your support guys :) , but I couldn't do it...

den1

There's plenty more opurtunities to come. :wink:

You havn't gone now so make sure you don't beat yourself up about it!

At least you originally said you would go which is a step!!!

:D