underarm pads ?

jennifers

Hi,

I have found through a discussion board a site that provides underarm pads against perspiration.... Does anyone use those pads ?

I really want to know if it's a good solution.

Thanks

underarm_bowler

Underarm pads or 'sweat shields'

I have tried about 4 different types with varying success. Some are the wrong shape, some aren't absorbent enough, and some don't seem to stay in place no matter what I do. With one brand, the soft, cotton absorbent layer peels away from the waterproof backing (which has the adhesive on the other side) after only an hour or two. They tend to be expensive too. Having said all that, I'll probably keep persevering in my efforts to find the 'perfect' underarm pad. I wear suits to work and dry cleaning tends to ruin them so wearing sweat shields is a good, 'natural' alternative.

rado31

i used to attach always-ultra on under-shirt with a needle and..hmh..i hope you understand what i m trying to say...there is a worry that it will drop somewhere so i gave up..

it is pretty uncomfortable but if attached well it is doing the thing..

sweathing is normal

but i dont like to ruin all my clothes becaese i HATE SHOPPING

flake__

Hey guys,

I have the perfect solution to this! Feels good to post here with a solution lol..

Driclor. Looks like a deodorant, you put it on at night...stings like hell for about a week (and i mean really stings! So don't just slap it on, and NEVER try to wash off with water until the morning..you will regret it!) But then you're cured, no sweating! Put a bit on every few nights to keep it up.

It dries up your sweat pores or something like that. There are more gentle ones and if you can get away with using those it's better.

Just go to a chemist.

heartbreaker

So you say Driclor works? Can you tell us the basic info on it: how much it costs, where you get it, etc.? Sounds like something I could do; a little stinging is worth being able to live a normal life!! I've tried staying cold, losing weight (I was never overweight to begin with), wearing looser clothes- none of it works! I even talked my parents into buying that $10 Secret Clinical Strength antiperspirant... only to discover it quit having an effect a few days later. This is soo frustrating, because none of my friends understand not being able to get into your locker at school for fear of someone noticing that your sweating when its 40 degrees outside! Any info you can give on Driclor would be a great help. Thanks!

coriander1992

flake__ said:
Hey guys,

I have the perfect solution to this! Feels good to post here with a solution lol..

Driclor. Looks like a deodorant, you put it on at night...stings like hell for about a week (and i mean really stings! So don't just slap it on, and NEVER try to wash off with water until the morning..you will regret it!) But then you're cured, no sweating! Put a bit on every few nights to keep it up.

It dries up your sweat pores or something like that. There are more gentle ones and if you can get away with using those it's better.

Just go to a chemist.

When i first bought Driclor it was amazing, and worked amazingly.
But now it barely does anything. I've tried so many different types, and none of them work anymore...I think i've become immune or something :lol: :roll:
I use Driclor at night and mitchum during the day - supposedly one of the strongest combinations you can get, but it doesen't do anything :( :roll:

I haven't tried the pads so can't comment sorry.