unable to love the opposite sex

kurono

Its not that im gay or anything im attracted to the opposite sex but the fact is that unless a girl likes me or is attracted to me. i really dont care about them and when i do end up dating them the little bit of caring i do have for them goes away. its like it makes me miserable being around them and i just end ruining the relationship. i was wondering if maybe i have some other mental condition. i mean i am pretty shy but once i get to know people it goes away but this never happens towards women my age or around at least. girls i cant date basically. i dont have any close friends that are girls. most of the time i think they are idiotic or just out of my league. it makes me wonder if i ever will love a women ( besides family ) like that maybe i will just marry some woman i dont care about and dont get close to someday. i dont understand how i could the way i uncaringly act sometimes. most of the time i just dont have anything to say or if i do its just to make conversation. does anybody out their who has this? is there a name for it? any suggestions? any comment would be greatly appreciated. thank you