Turn to Drugs.....

Anonymous

I find I`m very shy/retiring socially(very introverted) and really most of the time have very little or nothing to say

I find though that when I get a load of hard drugs down me,I really come to life and more often than not,am suddenly the life and soul of the party.

Is this the answer.....

:p

richkid

MAYBE IF IT WAS ALCOHOL!!! taking hard drugs is a fools way out :twisted: of being shy, and who said being shy was abad thing,its all in your head. The fact you don't have anything to say is because you think you don't you thinkwhat you say will be stupid.

Don't be a FOOL theres easier ways to feel and be more confident. :D

chris_1982

Well said that man!! :D

Thing is, adding drugs into any equation is stupid. Even more so when you have other problems.

So, erm... no its not the answer.

Anonymous

i`m like that as well,
i take drugs and drink and i can talk for hours
but the next day i think what i was talking about (lots of s**t)
i still take drugs and drink,
my gf walked out on me 3 weeks ago over my shyness
and this has made me drink more !
i can`t really talk 2 peeps i don`t know,
unless i`m on drink or drugs,
if we can talk on drugs we can talk without them,
just start off small !
i know its easyer said than done :!: :!:

scorpio

i know exactly what u mean freda i got into a an amphetamine problem about 4 years ago . u c its like this the drug totally changes your personality from the quiet shy guy to the upmost social king i thought it was the answer to all my problems NOT i took the stuff every weekend i wouldn't go out otherwise u c its the comedown back to real life that effects u the most i found myself doing strange things that i would'nt dream of doing on a normal day . i try not to touch the stuff any more but sometimes in moderation ill have a bit overall i'd say its added more to my depression than anything else Bad NEWS

Anonymous

Taking drugs and drinking too much is just plain stupid. You will mess with your mind and your nervous system and only make your SP WORSE. There are ways to get healthy. I have SP but I still function because I am looking for a better way. I have hope that I can continue to get better.
Have some hope. Talk to your doctor!! Don't be so negative and turn to something that will only screw up your life!!
Maybe turn to the best friend you have in this life time???? God Himself!!! No one else is going to help you. You have to do it yourself!

Anonymous

Elkapath,
My sister is now retarded from taking ecstacy. She is under the care of the state.
I saw first hand what it does to people. She is now a paranoid freak.

Anonymous

I Think that I would rather be a shy recluse than take illegal drugs, or something I got off of the net that my Dr. didn't prescribe, or even be drunk from too much alcohol that made me unaware of what I may have done the night before. I would much rather be thought of as shy or quiet than 'easy', cheap, or a fool. I don't need to worry abut getting AIDS or some horrid VD or getting myself busted for a situation I wouldn't have gotten myself into without taking all of the temporary 'cover ups'. At least sober, I can make some sort of plans and add some type of direction to my life instead of taking the loser path to a rehab or worse.

happywannabe

hi i live in the uk i have never took any drugs like Ecstacy and i never will
just antidepressants my doctor gives me am on cipramil which does nothing for my social phobia. i ask her about benzodiazepines such as valium she would give me them or any kind of benzos she told me in her exacted words that i would turn in to a junkie and to stay clear from them. i no u can buy them of the net but am scared if its true. i dont no if its just hear in the uk that ur doctor wont give u them but i read up on them and it said u wont come additive if ur dont abuse drugs is this true.
am very shy and and my doctor said that i want this magic pill that doesnt exsist to take my fear away. but i think she wont let me try and fine out my self she aloud to give me them but she wont i can buy them of the net but i dont no if i go that far just yet

Anonymous

Benzos can be addictive. I hear that they are very hard to get off of. For very short-term or occasional use they can be great... and some folks do have to take them all the time... but when the time comes to get off of them, they need to be SLOWLY weaned off. Longtime and/or abusive benzo users have a withdrawal syndrome similiar to that of severe alcoholics--DTs and everything. Weaning is a MUST because unlike some drug withdrawals--for instance, heroin--cold-turkey benzo withdrawal can be FATAL.

Benzos ARE safe and useful drugs IF used carefully, esp. under a doctor's supervision. Taking two or three doses a day for a few days won't screw you up or anything. Being on them for a long time UNDER SUPERVISION and never drinking alcohol with them or taking them for "a buzz" can be safe and effective (you'll need to wean off them though when the time comes).

There's a lot of info on the net about benzodiazepines. Check around. Also go to rxlist.com and search for individual benzos (diazepam (Valium), lorazepam (Ativan), clonazepam (Klonopin), chlordiazepoxide (Librium), oxazepam, alprazolam (Xanax), etc--note, the brand names are the *American* brand names, I don't know what they call them all in UK and Australia).

ChAiNz

Ive smoked weed to get over my SP, and i found that i didnt have any negatitive thoughts or fears, it also made me become more extroverted and sociable. I was able to function normally without anyone noticing i was twisted.

madhat

Man it took so long to write the session timed out. Learned a new thing today, write it in notepad first then paste it in or can it be set within your account options?

After I rewrite my Benzo observations I'll post them in. back in a tick

madhat

Ok here goes I tend to waffle so bear with me.

I was on seroxat for about 3 years and to be honest they were not my cup of java in the long term. I built up a tolerance for the therapeutic effects but not ,unfortunately, for the side effects. So I quit them through personal choice.
Like any good GP does he/she will stick you right back on another AD if it's not working, to me not an option so I declined and asked for benzos as I'd heard or read about their efficacy for panix/anxiety etc. Doc said no dice son but have some propranolol and while your at it check out CBT. Pff yeh right. Why, thankyou I said and off I went wondering how far I could stick them right up his arse. Propranolol ? please..

So dear friends , after a couple of weeks of hellish withdrawal, mainly severe anxiety coupled with depression, I decided that I needed something else and thus began my glorious adventure into the world of benzos.
I did some research into their effects and side effects which appeared minimal in comparison to AD's so decided these were just what the doctor ordered and viola, a visa number, a couple of clicks of a mouse..bingo..los drogas were winging their way to casa madhat. After another 3 weeks of exquisite withdrawal courtesy of seroxat the xanax finally arrived and I was now in benzo heaven. I started popping a milligramme after work to relieve the SA , woops then I started popping them at work to relieve the SA but I wasnt getting the right effect I wanted ie blissful euphoria, I was still anxious. Easy solution..up the dose. So I did, ahh perfect but whoah I was unsteady on my feet but felt hmm fine. I knew I was too out of it to drive so I called in sick for a week, great no problem hurry up and get better son. Oh no I ran out, I was hammering back too many to keep up the GABA hit. So rather than brave the rising tide of anxiety I nipped off to my GP again and told him the story, this time he was a little more pliable. Hey he said rather than getting them from the net or other dubious sources I'll prescribe them for you but our practise prescribes diazepam. What was the dosage you were on?. I lied, I said 2mg tabs but unbeknowest to him and me 2mg of diazepam is about the same as 0.2mg of xanax hey I was knocking back the equivalent of 20mg every few hours. So I was given a months supply which I gobbled up in a week, woah doc they werent the same. I let it all out this time and he said, there's no quick fix son but instead of 2mg we'll give you 5mg tabs and an additional 3 weeks off work oo yeh thats the baby...boom done this batch again in a week. This time though my family got involved as I was really out of it. Another batch from the doc but only under supervision from my family...now wait a minute who the hell is in control here.. so i went ballistic. Throwing stuff at them calling them allsorts but there was nothing i could do but give in. I conceded. So instead rather than have someone control me I stopped. Oh joy another round of withdrawal from a different drug and now after all that I'm still off work, practically housebound for fear of human interaction or facing work and the unending questions of my illness. The sent me of to CBT school which hehe isnt the cure all they make it out to be. All I get is a monthly visit with corky the clown who reads from a fucking(are you allowed to swear?) book that I bought years ago who has no idea of what a person in this situation could possibly be going through and the rest is history.

I did do E when I was younger on occasion but I could never get the same thing twice and had no idea what else might be mixed in there coupled with fact I read they cause lesions on your grey matter I decided that a good drink or two was enough when going out. It isnt but there ya go, I wouldnt reccommend them. Hash or whatever, nah all it did for me was either A made me ill or B paranoid or C both.

Ok waffle complete, I do struggle to make myself coherent at times so I do apologise. The moral of the story is that theres no magic cure all pill , legal or otherwise that is sustainably safe at least in my opinion.
Be careful with those happy pills because before you know it you'll be in way over your head.

Take care

neddy

relying on drugs and alcohol to help make you more comfortable is definately not the answer. In the end all you would have achieved is becoming hooked on them and you wont be able to get through each day without having a hit.

Hard drugs are really bad for you especially once your body becomes used to them and you start having withdrawal systems and all you want is to crave for the next hit. Smoking weed is just as bad as if you have too much off that it can make you feel very depressed and paranoid.

Like someone else said its better to be shy and quiet than be paranoid and over confident on drugs. The long term effects are just not worth it. I take it that you have just started taking drugs, give it more time and you will understand what I am talking about. Alcohol just makes things worse as well, It helps me to lose my inhibitions and come across as being really happy but what happens the next day when the hangover sets in. I feel like shit. It's not worth the hassle.

madhat

I read an intersting post either here on another site about hangovers. Apparently on the day after it lowers your testosterone levels if you are male which will defintely make you feel depressed and anxious and apparently for women it makes no difference. The physical side of the hangover such as headaches and run-down feelings would still be there in both sexes of course.