to EVERYONE that has takin robinul... help! sigh...

Phantom

i start school in about 5 weeks and started to make an appointment to see a dermatologist for my truncal HH. i was pretty bummed out finding out that there was no openings till august. i left a messege for the doctor and asked if i can take robinul. got a call back a few minutes ago and his assistant said that there are to many side effects of the medication and probably wont let me take it. i start school soon that has those black plastic seats that will make my sweating very visible. school for 8 hours a day and with HH and with black seats.... its gonna be a nightmare. i was feeling confident that last couple of days thinkin i was gonna get the medication and an appointment soon. all i can do is wait till someone cancels their appointment and hopefully i can take their spot....

so my question is.... are the side effects really that bad? dizziness, light headed, fainting, etc?

what are yer guys experence like when taking this?

im gettin worried, and scared and sad and depressed. im goin thru a roller coaster ride of emotions right now..... help...

jjubbs

I get sweating on the trunk somewhat too, but I find the Secure Wipes (I order the strongest formula) from pharmacy.ca help a lot. You could also try drysol, but I find the Secure Wipes better.
I haven't tried this, but you could also look into 3B Action Cream, which is specifically meant for thigh, trunk, and beneath the breasts sweating:
Neat 3B Action Cream - ExpressChemist.co.uk - Buy Online

jjubbs

And to answer your question about robinul, you can order it from Pharmacy.ca without a prescription (called Avert, under the Excessive Sweating - Oral Antiperspirant section.
The only side effects I've ever had were dry mouth/eyes and sore throat.

I find robinul reduces sweating for me somewhat initially, but the effect wears off after several days and just makes me turn red and hot.

cm123

You can find people's personal experiences of the side effects here:

ROBINUL: Side effects, ratings, and patient comments

Also, I highly recommend you try Robinul. HH is a destroyer of social interaction, you should have to ruin your life anymore.........

I have good news for you though! You are able to purchase Robinul safely off of the internet. Many people report great results from Pharmacy.CA. They sell the Generic of Robinul (Brand Name Avert in Canada) known as glycopyrrolate. If you notice on their homepage they offer consultation about excessive sweating treatment options. You can call them for free and have your parents talked to a Pharmacist who is extremely familiar with Robinul since Pharmacy.Ca is the number 1 seller of it on the internet.

It can be found here:

Welcome to pharmacy.ca

I would go with the trial size of 2mg. Try one pill first 2 hours before you go to school. Feel free to ask me any other questions.

Phantom

i finally got a call back from my doctor a few minutes after posting this again. im gonna have an appointment nest week. his assistant said that i might have to wait awhile to see him when im there because hes gonna over lap my appointment with other patients. im guessing he knows how much of a problem this is for me. great doctor. HOPEFULLY he can let me take robinul. i notice that i sweat alot on my bottom area (truncal HH) alot when i feel like goin to the bathroom like takin a dump lol or when my stomach feels bloated or in pain. i think cuz i might have IBS. hopefully this drug (from what i heard) can stop my IBS which will hopefully stop my HH.

i was at work today and didnt have any stomach problems and i barely sweat at all... hmmm... usually when im stressed or anxious i would feel that way. im thankful i can express myself to ya guys here in this forum because yall understand.

HH has takin over my life. the only times i go out and hangout is when i go clubbing at night since its the only time i dont sit down anywhere and wont make any sweat stains on the seat and the alcohol stops my HH when im buzzed or drunk. my friends and other people wonder why i never hang out with them during other times like at restaurants or goin to the mall and stuff. alot of girls ask me to hang out and give me hints that they wanna date me and hear stories that some girls like me and people ask why i dont hang out with them when i have the chance. and the reason why is because.... of hyperhidrosis... i would have been done wit college 4 years ago if i didnt have this. probably have a gf. maybe get married. i dont wanna sound like im whining or anything. its just that i wanna express myself here since i cant talk to anyone about it. its funny too because i HATE dark shiny or plastic seats because it shows my sweat stains very easily. i hate it so much that when ever i see it ANYWHERE, even on tv or in the stores... it literally scares me. i gotta plastic chair phobia lol. im also affraid to take robinul because of my kidney and liver problems before and im worried that my doctor will not let me take it because of that and even if he did, im still worried if it will affect my liver, especially my kidneys more. but we'll see. i'll keep ya guys updated whever stuff pops up wit this robinul thing. take care

oh ya, im also affraid the affect of the medication will go away as time goes buy. but i guess its different for everyone?

Last edited:

hyp-hi

I've been taking it for a while now and have not experienced any serious side effects. Tell your doctor that you have heard about other people who have had success with it and you would like to try it. He should at least let you have a trial prescription. If it doesn't work, or you have side effects, you can simply stop taking it.

margiehope

If you have those medical problems, I can understand your concern.

For myself, the only side effect (and that not always) is dry mouth. In the hotter weather, I do, as someone said earlier, get hot and turn red (glycopyrrolate doesn't keep you from over-heating, just sweating.).

Several others have mentioned pharmacy.ca as a source for Secure wipes or Avert, but they are also great at providing information. Why not e-mail them and ask about side-effects and contraindications--would help when you see your doctor.

Good luck!