those thinking about suicide, read this...

asdf

like many people who have suffered from social anxiety, i have constantly thought of killing myself. however, after reading this book last night, i have completely changed my mind.

the book is called "return from tomorrow" and its the true story of a 20 year old who was pronounced dead by all the doctors in the hospital, but 9 minutes later he came back to life. the book is written by this man and it is basically about his "out of body experience" when he was pronounced dead. during these 9 minutes when he is dead he gets to experience what hell is like. he see's what it's like for all the suicide victims. they are forced to spend an eternity trying to communicate to their loved ones who are still living on earth, trying to say they are sorry for what they have done, but their families cannot hear them or even know that they are there because they are dead and basically ghosts.

i know some of you may not believe in this type of stuff, but i don't know how else you woudl explain it. i was skeptical at first when reading the book, but how else could you explain what this man experienced if he was pronounced dead by the doctors around him??

anyway i probably did a shitty job at explaining it, but i recommend reading this book, it will change your life.

blackcap

asdf said:
i know some of you may not believe in this type of stuff, but i don't know how else you woudl explain it. i was skeptical at first when reading the book, but how else could you explain what this man experienced if he was pronounced dead by the doctors around him??

So you were skeptical at first, but by reading that book, you got the proof you needed to eliminate any other explanation for his experience?

I take it the book claims to have evidence that the doctors couldn't have made a mistake in pronouncing him dead? And that there was no way his brain was still functioning at some minimal level, undetectable by the doctors, and the misfiring neurons in the brain while trying to avoid death was causing his hallucinations?

What do the doctors who pronounced him dead say about it? And other doctors and scientists?

Doomed2Die

Sounds like fiction to me also, from accounts I have read people who have been 'brought back' generally remember nothing, only the time they passed out a moment of darkness and the time they are revived. Those who say otherwise lie simply to get money and attention. Is this book free? One would think something of such importance would be free no?

Death is rightfully frightening, is the opposite of life. Nothing. But to fear it to the point of stumbling? As to allow oneself to believe in ghosts and such. It's a hook, bait to trap people in a scheme for power.

My belief is that upon death your nothing, dust. But god will remember you and the memories will be held in the ummaterial realm of Sheol, the common grave of mankind, but no one inside are conscious, for the dead are conscious of nothing. Heh and the unexplainable things of the otherworldly? Demons, fallen angels that follow Satan the Devil purposly leading people away from god by scaring people into learning more about them and not the otherway around. All looking pretty of course, Satan is a angel afterall.

Sooo, just thought I'll say that it, its light but roughly resembles what I was intending to say, don't fall for the ghost trick and finally for the time being it is Satan's world.

What I say is a little far fechted maybe to some, but it is the conclusion to simply asking 'why?' in the face of atrocity.

whitmo

I dont believe it nor do I think God would punish people like us even further for suicide. I did not ask for this disorder. If it is true that guy must have been a horrible dude for all that to happen.

Sacrament

This is stupid. When you are pronounced dead like that, your neurons fire chemicals from left to right and there are all sorts of chemical reactions in your head.

He saw what hell was like and whatnot :lol:

I specially loved the part about those who commit suicide. "Yeah, don't do it. I read this book about a guy who was pronounced dead for like 9 minutes and he saw what it's like for those who kill themselves. Really, it sucks, don't do it"; "Oh, okay."

Christ. Some people, I swear.

Of course, if I had gone through a similar situation, I would also make shit up to get attention from others. "So, you saw God?"; "Um, sure, he was like... dressed in a white gown and had long hair and um... yeah, he offered me a slice of pizza."

millymoocow

Sacrament said:
Of course, if I had gone through a similar situation, I would also make shit up to get attention from others. "So, you saw God?"; "Um, sure, he was like... dressing in a white gown and had long hair and um... yeah, he offered me a slice of pizza."

LOL! :lol:

maybe he did have an outer body experience. maybe he didn't. who are we to say it's bull?

Infected_Malignity

Moral of the story: Hell is just a retarded concept created by the christian church.

Oh yeah, and those of you *contemplating* suicide... you're not really doing it. You'd be gone by now. So you're stuck here. Make the most of it. If your life is hell, fix what you can and shrug off what you can't. That's life. Get used to it.

blackcap

millymoocow said:
maybe he did have an outer body experience. maybe he didn't. who are we to say it's bull?

Um, I dunno, logical and rational beings who don't believe extraordinary claims without evidence?

alltoomuch

What gets me about hell is that if all the bad people go there, wouldn't it be like one big party? Surely the devil would want other bad people to join him and they would be treated well so he'd have a great army for the final battle?

I envy people who who say 'I can't understand why someone would want to kill themself'. I used to think like that, wish I still did.

blackcap

alltoomuch said:
What gets me about hell is that if all the bad people go there, wouldn't it be like one big party?

You mean like the episode of South Park where Satan throws a costume party! :lol:

whitmo

alltoomuch said:
What gets me about hell is that if all the bad people go there, wouldn't it be like one big party? Surely the devil would want other bad people to join him and they would be treated well so he'd have a great army for the final battle?

I envy people who who say 'I can't understand why someone would want to kill themself'. I used to think like that, wish I still did.

I use to believe all of that heaven and hell stuff to when I was a kid, but when I see horrible people living wealthy lives and good people dead broke that whole bad people go to hell thing flew out the door for me. I have always understood people who commit suicide. I also can understand kids who shoot up their schools. Mankind is just barbaric. Always has been.

Foxglove

alltoomuch said:

Me too. I even feel envious when I read in the paper or hear on the news that someone killed themselves. Isn't that awful :( ?

Don't Try Suicide by Queen

Words and music by Freddie Mercury

A-one two three four one
Yeah

Ok
Don't do it don't you try it baby
Don't do that don't don't don't
Don't do that
You got a good thing going now
Don't do it don't do it
Don't
Don't try suicide
Nobody's worth it
Don't try suicide
Nobody cares
Don't try suicide
You're just gonna hate it
Don't try suicide
Nobody gives a damn

So you think its the easy way out?
Think you're gonna slash your wrists
This time
Baby when you do it all you do is
Get on my tits
Don't do that try try try baby
Don't do that - you got a good thing going now
Don't do it don't do it
Don't
Don't try suicide
Nobody's worth it
Don't try suicide
Nobody cares
Don't try suicide
Don't try suicide
Nobody gives a damn

You need help
Look at yourself you need help
You need life
So don't hang yourself
Its ok ok ok ok
You just cant be a prick teaser all of the time
A little bit attention - you got it
Need some affection - you got it
Suicide suicide suicide bid
Suicide suicide suicide bid
Suicide

Don't do it don't do it don't do it babe (yeah)
Don't do it don't do it don't - do it
Yeah

Don't put your neck on the line
Don't drown on me babe
Blow your brains out -
Don't do that (yeah)
Don't do that - you got a good thing going baby
Don't do it (no) don't do it (no) don't
Don't try suicide
Nobody's worth it
Don't try suicide
Nobody cares
Don't try suicide
Don't try suicide
Nobody gives - nobody cares
Nobody gives a damn

Ok

turtle

the book sounds like fiction... and everyone has there own version of hell... for some life is hell but there enduring it.. not having the abilty to comit suiside just contomplate it.. while somepeople stive to make things better for themselves trying to push out the negative things as best as they can...
as far as im conserned there is no heaven or hell there is only this what we have here. and we shall all die eventully.. so you might as well deal with what youve got for now.. and not with what might be and hasnt been proven.

abc_123

Probably fiction. I beleive once a species reaches a certain level of intelligence, he can enter the afterlife. If your an insect, you wont get there, because an insect is just as insect.

insideinfo

out-of-body experiences & NDEs have been researched for a long time.

in this article for expample: Scientists simulate near-death experience and see what the dead see

http://english.pravda.ru/science/mysteries/07-09-2007/96865-near_death-0

on page 2 it says :
"The head of the experiments Hendrick Ersson tells that out-of-body experience is not something supernatural. This is an illusion generated by some processes in the brain as a result of which the brain easily takes this deception for reality."

Doomed2Die

shut_out_of_life said:
Most people are social darwinists who couldn't care less if losers commit suicide. Americans only care about the Owen Wilsons who attempt suicide. If a winner like Owen Wilson attempts suicide for some nonsensical reason, he gets all kinds of sympathy. But when a social leper commits suicide, assholes blather on about what a weak, selfish, hateful, attention-craving idiot the suicide was.

Stark reality. Humankind is rather unbalanced and certainly always has been. Funny how science dispite its promises of peace and understanding (even today) has actually done the opposite. Timewise I mean, the short history that we know has always been unbalanced.

Zantief I believe there is a balance, introverts are almost always never balanced. Heck nobody's balanced but if there was to be a ressurection and/or new life everyone will become balanced or at least, strive to be so.

insideinfo said:
on page 2 it says :
"The head of the experiments Hendrick Ersson tells that out-of-body experience is not something supernatural. This is an illusion generated by some processes in the brain as a result of which the brain easily takes this deception for reality."

That pretty much sums it up. You are not 'on death' transported to another location spirtually.