Things are looking up for once :)

IronMaidenRockess

My doctor referred me to the mental health department 4 weeks ago and yesterday this girl who looks about the same age as me came to assess me (an occupational therapist)

I have to meet with her about once a week and be befriended by her and go outside with her, go shopping with her etc, so she can gradually help me to be more confident and also to take part in social activities at a later stage with other people, I guess with the same problem as me.

Does anyone else do this at the moment and if so, is it going well? And do you recommend it? Has is helped you?

I also have to go to see my doctor every so often for blood pressure monitoring as my last result was 167/112

8O 8O 8O and then the girl also wants me to see another doctor in the mental health department for other medical reasons, so its all taking its toll now, Im on the road to getting better and I feel much more positive about things now as Im getting the help I need :)

Mary

Congratulations! That is so great! I am glad you are getting better and I know you will continue to get better as the treatment progresses. :D

IronMaidenRockess

:D :D :D :D :D

Its a NHS thing! I thought something on the NHS would be just plain counselling, but its not. Its like the practical work I hated at school LOL.

Going out wont be for a few sessions yet though. Shes coming round next week to show me some relaxation techniques!

It sounds a good job though, working as an occupational therapist - getting paid to befriend people and take them into social situations lol :D