Therapy and professional help

thequietone

Don't feel obliged to respond, but I was wondering...
:roll:
How many people here have sought professional help for our condition(s)? Do you see a therapist? How hard is it for you to do so if this is the case? What about medication? Do these things really help you? If so, why? What are your experiences with mental health professionals and medication?

LittleMissScareAll

Therapy & medicine has just always made me feel worse, so I gave up on all that crap. The medicine done nothing but make me dizzy & sleepy...and therapists can't do anything but blame my parents for all my problems or something, which makes me mad. :x

scatmantom

i used to see a therapist had about 6 sessions but stopped going as i reached a point where i could live a "normal" life

thequietone

I think it takes some searching to find the right therapist. I should know, it took me three tries to get the right one. The first one tried to blame my parents, dumped her. :evil: The second one forbade me from talking about my actual problem because he believed I dwelled on it, :? (arent you supposed to talk about your issues? I don't want to pay him to talk to me about the weather!) dumped him.
The lady I have right now is really great. You need a connection, I suppose. Medication did help me, but even with meds, I'm still up and down, and that's where the therapy comes in, I suppose.
Although, it's still so hard for me to talk to anyone, I can never stop my hands from shaking in her office! I haven't looked her in the eye for more than a few seconds! I've been seeing doctors since I was eight and I'm still terrified, so I don't think there's any way to get used to it. It's embarrassing to bear your soul to someone. And it's even worse when they turn out to be dumb people, or are unable to help you.